Integrating with Reckon Accounts 2014 Enterprise

feroze
feroze Member Posts: 2
edited February 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Hi ,We have a requirement to integrate with Reckon Accounts 2014 Enterprise.
The requirement is to get supplier details based on company and pass the Invoice details  to the system.

What is the best way to do this. Is there an API available ,if so how do we get a copy of it.

Ay help would be appreciated.
Regards

Comments

• Shane_6461899
    Shane_6461899 Reckon Staff Posts: 339 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2020
    Hi Feroze,

Yes you can get help with this by contacting reckonapi@reckon.com and sdk@reckon.com and they will be able to assist with your query.

Regards,
    Shane.
  • Shane_6461899
    edited December 2016
    Hi Feroze,

There is no cost involved.  Here is a link to the webpage. https://go.reckon.com/api-developers/ but the sign up form linked to that page is an old one and its being updated asap.  I'm sure you can get the updated one via those email address.  But no fees im happy to say.

Regards,
    Shane.
  • Shane_6461899
    edited December 2016
    Hi Andrew,

I'm so sorry, I obviously was not paying enough attention to detail.

Regards,
    Shane.
  • gazza73
    gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 802 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2016
    Shane.  There was a request released on 22/9/15 for software developers to sign up for the API at:  http://go.reckon.com/api-developers/

We've done that.... and now awaiting API kit.    But on that promo page,  I was curious why that webpage outlines a comment from the authors of QODBC stating:

..."The Reckon Accounts Desktop API is one of the most fully featured API systems in accounting software and we have enjoyed working with it for a number of years.      Flexquarters (Developers of QODBC)     ..."

That comment is perhaps about the QODBC product prior  SDK,  or what?  How can they have been working with the new API for years?   What have I missed here?

Anyway,  what is the ETA for receive the new API that I expect has replaced the QODBC and SDK kits of the early 2000's?

Keen to try!

And ANDREW:  Can you call me.   You seem to have some good input about POS, but I'm also interested to see if we have something in common with the needs for API.

Cheers!

Gary Pope
    m: 0408994799 
    An Accredited Partner- Consultant (VIC. Aust)
    http://www.alchester.com.au/reckon-ac...
    "Working with Accountants/Bookkeepers PPs/APs, as an
    independent IT Professional and retired FCPA Accountant"
  • feroze
    feroze Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2015

Thanks Shane

• Reckon API
    Reckon API Reckon Staff Posts: 5 Reckon Staff
    edited October 2015
    Hi Gary,

The comment/reference from Flexquarters was related to the pre-existing Desktop SDK. They have been a partner of ours for a number of years and the QODBC product utilises the SDK heavily to do its communications for the ODBC interface.

As for when the API's will be ready. The Hosted API is in production now in an early release for developers whilst we knock a few issues that have cropped up over and Reckon One (V1.0) will be releasing in the not to distant future.

We will be in touch soon

Thanks

Reckon API Team

• gazza73
    edited December 2016
    Thanks "Reckon API".....    looking forward to getting hold of the 'HOSTED" version.  Been using the QODBC for years (had need to dust it down for some work only recently after about 10 years).   Just wanted to clarify the three vintages of all this  (QODBC, SDK now API...).

And of course the Reckon ONE version of the API .... makes 4....  

Then there is the question of a 5th:  for desktop Premier/Enterprise....  (no status on that yet?)...  the 2014 Enterprise question in this forum article, I believe,  is what the question is really all about  (despite other interest in HOSTED,  and perhaps R1 one day)

Cheers

Gary
  • Reckon API
    edited October 2015
    Hi Gary,

Just to clarify, are you asking about updates to our core desktop API that has been present since 2008?

Thanks

Reckon API Team
  • gazza73
    edited December 2016
    "Reckon API team"

No....  I'm aware of the SDK of 2007 (thereabouts) for desktop range....  and I'm awaiting the 'new' API for HOSTED (and aware there is a similar new 'API' for R1 too...)    ....

But my question today, is whether there is a fresh way of dealing with the desktop suite other than the historical QODBC and histroical SDK...  That's what I was calling the 5th...  ie: will there be a new API approach to ealing with the 25 year old RA desktop suites.... or is the new API(s)  only targetted/available (soon) for Hosted and R1 respectively?

The topic in this thread is about RA2014 Enterprise  - which is desktop....  so what lays ahead for integration to such RA desktop products (2014), and for 2015+  ??

Gary

• Reckon API
    edited October 2015
    Hi Gary,

For the moment no, the QODBC and Desktop API remains the way to communicate with the Desktop software. As you may or may not know, the Hosted API uses some components of the Desktop software so it's still very much in use and will continue to be looked at going forward.

Thanks

Reckon API Team