Upgrade path from Cashbook 2004

Options
Bruce Daniel
Bruce Daniel Member Posts: 2
edited February 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I am using Cashbook 2004 and want to buy a new version of Accounts Home and Business for a new PC running Windows 8.1. I don't want to lose 9 years of data. What steps will I need to take to convert the Cahbook 2004 data into Home and Business 2013 or 2914?

Comments

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Options

Hello Bruce,

Welcome to the Reckon Community.

Yes, your data file will upgrade to the latest version.  Full steps are outlined in the Installation and Upgrade Guide that come with your upgrade (and is also available at http://home.reckon.com.au/support/Home/ReckonSupport/InstallationUpgradeGuides.aspx ).

Depending on the features you have used in Cashbook 2004, your file may open and upgrade directly into Accounts Home & Business 2013 without any further effort, so you should install 2013 and give it a go.  If you get the error: "Unable to load DLL: C:\Program Files\Quicken\convert03\qd3.dll" then you will need to follow the upgrade guide from page 8. 

Trust all goes well for you.

regards,
    John

• Bruce Daniel
    Bruce Daniel Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2013
    Options

Thanks for your rapid response John. I think I still have a problem. My Cashbook 2004 was in turn an upgrade from Quicken V7.  I can't instal CB2004 on my new PC  because it is an upgrade and requires a prior version already installed but Windows 8.1 won't let me instal Q v7 because it is incompatible, so I don't think Home and Business 2013/2014 upgrade will let me instal because there is no current version on my new PC. It seems to me that I am going to have to buy a full version rather than an upgrade despite having three legal prior versions.
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Options

Hi Bruce,

Sounds like you purchased your CashBook 2004 upgrade from a retail store.

Buy your Accounts Home & Business 2013 upgrade directly from Reckon (ring Customer Service on 1800 RECKON) and we'll give you an Installation Keycode that bypasses the Full Version check.  Your disk will take a few days to arrive.

Install H&B on your new computer and open your file.  If your file upgrades immediately, well and good, you are ready to continue in H&B.  If not, then follow the instructions in the Installation and Upgrade Guide mentioned in my previous post. 

I hope this clarifies the steps for you. 

Regards,
    John