Share history does not transfer to new computer
Dyanne Ward Member Posts: 2 ✭
edited August 2016 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I've installed from my back up the data in 2013 Home&Business to another computer but my investment data did not reinstall. The back up function doesn't give any choice - so how do I transfer the share history (for example) to my new computer
Sorry to hear about your issue.
As you know, when an H&B file is created, it produces around 4 to 6 files with the same name but different endings (extensions) i.e. QDF (main), HCX, QEL, and such. These files has to be kept together to make a working file.
The Historical Share Prices are usually with the QPH extension.
You might want to ensure to have all those files together and transfer to the new computer.
Hope that helps!
Dyanne Ward Member Posts: 2 ✭Hi Jamaiel - thanks for your response but I kept the files together and they will not import into the program. Only the qdf (which also appears as a rkn file). Do you know how to restore them? The program doesn't recognise hcx or qel. Dyanne0
Thanks for your response.
The RKN file extension is a compressed backup that should contain all the auxillary files i.e. HCX and QEL. Once restored, those files should also be extracted on the restored location. Can you check if they did? To avoid confusion, you can choose to create a New Folder and restore the backup there and check.
If for some reason that they do not, then either:
- Create another backup with compressed backup (RKN) unticked then check the backup if it contains all associated files
- Otherwise, create a New Folder on your USB or external drive, and on your H&B 2013, go to File | File Operations | Copy then check. In the new computer, co?py the New Folder to your computer and point your H&B 2013 to open that copied folder.
- 18.3K All Categories
- 6.3K Accounts Hosted
- 5.7K Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
- 10 PaySauce for Reckon Accounts NZ
- 981 Reckon Payroll App
- 12 Payroll App - Help Videos
- 13 Reckon Mate App
- 2.9K Reckon One
- 8 Reckon Invoices App
- 12 Reckon Insights
- 106 Reckon API
- 775 Payroll Premier
- 290 Point of Sale (Desktop)
- 1.8K Personal Plus and Home & Business
- 58 About Reckon Community