Share history does not transfer to new computer

Dyanne Ward_6511655
Dyanne Ward_6511655 Member Posts: 2
I've installed from my back up the data in 2013 Home&Business to another computer but my investment data did not reinstall. The back up function doesn't give any choice - so how do I transfer the share history (for example) to my new computer

Comments

• Jamaiel_6490508
    Jamaiel_6490508 Reckon Staff Posts: 74 Reckon Staff
    edited January 2014
    Hi Dyanne,

Sorry to hear about your issue.

As you know, when an H&B file is created, it produces around 4 to 6 files with the same name but different endings (extensions) i.e. QDF (main), HCX, QEL, and such. These files has to be kept together to make a working file.

The Historical Share Prices are usually with the QPH extension.

You might want to ensure to have all those files together and transfer to the new computer.

Hope that helps!

Kind Regards,

Jamaiel

• Dyanne Ward_6511655
    Dyanne Ward_6511655 Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2013
    Hi Jamaiel - thanks for your response but I kept the files together and they will not import into the program. Only the qdf (which also appears as a rkn file). Do you know how to restore them? The program doesn't recognise hcx or qel. Dyanne
  • Jamaiel_6490508
    Jamaiel_6490508 Reckon Staff Posts: 74 Reckon Staff
    edited January 2014
    Hi Dyanne,

Thanks for your response.

The RKN file extension is a compressed backup that should contain all the auxillary files i.e. HCX and QEL. Once restored, those files should also be extracted on the restored location. Can you check if they did? To avoid confusion, you can choose to create a New Folder and restore the backup there and check.

If for some reason that they do not, then either:
    • Create another backup with compressed backup (RKN) unticked then check the backup if it contains all associated files
    • Otherwise, create a New Folder on your USB or external drive, and on your H&B 2013, go to File | File Operations | Copy then check. In the new computer, co?py the New Folder to your computer and point your H&B 2013 to open that copied folder.
    Hope that helps! Have a great New Year!

Kind Regards,

Jamaiel