No transactions received

Scott Mooney
Scott Mooney Member Posts: 7
edited June 2020 in Accounts Hosted
After importing a bank statement to an account, I get a message saying "no transactions received on (date)" on the online banking centre and if I click view I get "no transactions received for this account during online activity on (date)". I cannot get to the match transaction screen.  Help!

Comments

• Shane_6461899
    Shane_6461899 Reckon Staff Posts: 339 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2020
    Hi Scott,

You will get this error if you have imported the bank statement, matched one transaction, delete the imported bank statement in the Online Banking Centre, then import that same bank statement again.

QuickBooks marks the transaction in the bank statement file as matched.  When you re-import the same bank statement file QuickBooks thinks it has already matched all transactions in the bank statement file. For detailed instructions click on this link and follow the detailed instructions http://kb.reckon.com.au//issue_view.asp?ID=4830

An alternative is to create a new account called New, then merge your bank account into this new account by renaming it New and selecting the option to merge the accounts when asked.  After this you can rename the account from New back to the name of the original account and re-entering the online banking details.  Before doing any of this back up your file to your desktop, and in case of any mistakes you can simply restore the backup and try again.  It does work if you get it right, I've had the same problem and fixed it using this alternative.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
    Shane.
  • Accounts NZ
    Accounts NZ Member Posts: 33
    edited June 2019
  • Accounts NZ
    edited June 2019
    If I need to create a new account, how do I do this?
  • Michelle Smith
    Michelle Smith Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2019
    Hi, i'm getting the same problem. "No transactions on this period." and I am not importing any bank statements. I have set the statement date and the period correctly. Still showing zero amount.

• Accounts NZ
    edited August 2019
    Hi Michelle, this is the work around I found via another post (****Note the modification - I uploaded the OFX data). I called Reckon regarding this issues, and their tech support was of no help. I hope the method below works for you!

Try importing through this method:
    File > Utilities > Import > Web connect files,
    Browse to the location of your import file
    select the .QBO file (not the QIF) ****Note: I uploaded the Reckon Accounts OFX data (rather than a .QBO file) that was created via uploading the bank statement from the current month I’m trying to reconcile the normal way, and this brought up the transactions.
    follow the prompts to complete.