Quickbooks Accounting 2010-11 license reactivate problem

Toni WhyntieToni Whyntie Member Posts: 2
edited February 13 in Accounts Business Range
Cache problem on my pc after recent crash and repair is causing problem with reactivating my license, what can I do

Comments

• ShaneShane Reckon Staff Posts: 560
    edited February 13
    Hi Toni,

If your getting an error about the cache wizard page, close QuickBooks, open Windows explorer and go to C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Intuit\ Shared\ and delete the 2 files called ActWzd.html & lcgn.html.  Open QuickBooks, open your company file and try to activate.  The files you just deleted will be recreated and you should be able to activate.  If not then have a look at these other solutions. http://kb.reckon.com.au//issue_view.asp?ID=1951 

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
    Shane.
  • tojosantojosan Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2019

Hi Shane,

I am pulling my hair out with this same error message.  No one seems to be able to help me but your solution seems to make the most sense.  However when I open my files the 2 files mentioned are not listed.  I'm thinking they may be missing.  Can you throw any light onto this??

Much appreciated.  Joanne

• Cwf WorkforceCwf Workforce Member Posts: 10
    edited April 2015
    hi joane ,
    i have downloaded Quickbooks file doctor couple of months ago and it solved some problems try it its soo easy it will diagnose most of the issues 

edited April 2015
    Thank you. I will give it a go.
    edited April 2015
    Hi Cwf Workforce, I tried QuickBooks file doctor but it told me it could not detect the problem. Thanks anyway. Does anyone else have any suggestions?
  • Cwf WorkforceCwf Workforce Member Posts: 10
    edited April 2015
    did you choose work station or server ?
  • Data RecData Rec Reckon Staff Posts: 744 ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Hi Joanne,

If you are encountering problems re-activating the QuickBooks 2010-11 licence using the online activation method, you may need to contact our Customer Service Team.

The server that the program is trying to contact may no longer be active.
    * Data Recovery Team *

Regards,

Reckon Data Recovery Team

You can request assistance via the case request web form below.

https://www.reckon.com/au/data-services-request/