I am wanting to set up a different location to send inventory to. Is this possible??

Vanessa HalesVanessa Hales Member Posts: 15
edited May 2019 in Accounts Hosted

Comments

• TerryTerry Member Posts: 9
    edited March 2016

Hi Vanessa

When you are saying a different location..Do you mean with the chart of accounts? Or you mean to have same stock item in different stores/departments etc?

Terry

• Vanessa HalesVanessa Hales Member Posts: 15
    edited May 2014
    I mean I want to send a stock item to another physical location, or warehouse.
    edited March 2016

and you are tracking these all in the same quickbooks file?

edited March 2016

Depending on how much stock you are moving, there is a program called Fishbowl, which is an Add On to Reckon Accounts that is awesome...if you would like details I can forward them for you

Or if its only a small amount of inventory you can set up a Header - for each location for the stock items, you would need to list the stock items under each location header

the use inventory adjust, or a matching bill and bill credit to move the stock

edited May 2014
    Could you please give me some information on setting up a header? I only have a small amount of stock items to transfer, amybe 3 items.
    edited March 2016

Ok Sure

So Vanessa you have set up the other inventory items that you have already

It is exactly the same, I would set it up Called LOCATION 1 (or whatever) in capitals, you then set the stock items up underneath this by ticking the box that this item is a subaccount and select the new header LOCATION 1

You could even have a different Inventory Stock on Hand location, in the chart of accounts, so that you can see the value of the stock in each location

Does that make sense?

edited March 2016

Ok Sure

So Vanessa you have set up the other inventory items that you have already

It is exactly the same, I would set it up Called LOCATION 1 (or whatever) in capitals, you then set the stock items up underneath this by ticking the box that this item is a subaccount and select the new header LOCATION 1

You could even have a different Inventory Stock on Hand location, in the chart of accounts, so that you can see the value of the stock in each location

Does that make sense?

edited May 2014
    I am not sure where this is? ""It is exactly the same, I would set it up Called LOCATION 1 (or whatever) in capitals""
    edited May 2014
    Is this a new item that I am setting up?
    edited March 2016
    Yes exactly, a new item
    edited May 2014
    Thanks, I'll try that.