Kick off a user on the company file (Hosted)

Sarah BradleySarah Bradley Member Posts: 9
edited August 2016 in Accounts Hosted

Hi there,

I'd like to know how to kick off a user that QB says is logged onto the company file - he in fact isn't.  He is using another user's id to get on at the moment but it's not a practical workaround longterm. 

He has quit citrix receiver app a few times, he's restarted his MAC.  He can log onto his account okay through citrix (qbi\CompanyNo-UserNo), just not onto the company file.  I can see he is showing as logged on through Company -> Users -> View Users.   

The error he gets when attempted to log on to the company file is "The attempt to log on with the user name Andy failed.  The user is already logged onto the company file.  If possible try logging in using a different user name." 

Please advise.  I know how to log off remote sessions for the account username but not for users on the company file.  

I cannot seem to call the Tech Support line as the number is blocked by our telecoms provider.  

Thanks,

Sarah

Comments

• MirkoMirko Alumni Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Hi Sarah,

Welcome to the Reckon Community and thank you for such an in-depth explanation of the situation (it really helps!).

Sounds like our tech support will have to look into this one, if you are unable to call them, please email me at [email protected] and I will escalate this matter for you.

I've been advised that they will require the users User Name and Password for both Hosted and the Company file.

Note: You may wish to have the user reset his passwords for privacy reasons.

Thanks,
    Mirko
  • Sarah BradleySarah Bradley Member Posts: 9
    edited February 2015
    Hi Mirko,
    Many thanks for your response.  It seems to have resolved itself now - he is no longer showing as logged in. I've tested he can get in now so all is good for now! 

However if we get the problem again I'll email the [email protected] address for help :-)  

Thanks again.

Regards,
    Sarah
  • MirkoMirko Alumni Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Sounds great Sarah. Good to hear things sorted themselves out.