How to Resolve Error's 6000 & 6177 - Accounts Hosted

MirkoMirko Alumni Posts: 2,054 ✭✭
edited January 2018 in Accounts Hosted
Hello Reckon Accounts Hosted Users,

Some users have reported to be experiencing the 6000 or the 6177 errors, please try the steps below which have resolved these errors for most people.
  1.  Log in to Hosted.
  2. Rename company file. ( File > Open or Restore a Company File > Open a Company file (.qbw), Hover over file, press F2 to activate Windows’ Rename function.)
  3.  Log out.
  4.  Wait 5 minutes for .nd file to be recreated under new name.
  5.  and Log back in (if new .nd is not yet created log out and wait a further 5-10 minutes).

Note: Ensure login is carried out via: https://www.reckononline.com.au/login/.

Feel free to let me or tech support know how you went of if you need further support.

Thanks,

Mirko

Comments

• Michael WoodMichael Wood Member Posts: 16
    edited June 2014
    Thanks Mirko, can you advise how to rename the file....after logging in I'm presented with "Open company file..." dialog, their doesn't appear to be a rename option or right click function to rename the file.
  • MirkoMirko Alumni Posts: 2,054 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Hey Michael,

1. File > Open or Restore a Company File > Open a Company file (.qbw);
    2. Hover over file
    3. And click on F2 to activate Windows’ Rename function.

Thanks,
    Mirko

• natalie nichollsnatalie nicholls Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2014
    I have the same problem am trying to rename as you suggest but when I hover over the company file nothing happens
  • SteveSteve Member Posts: 38
    edited January 2015

Same here I have tried logging off shutting down then booting up This is very frustrating it is the first trading day of the new month we need to get out statements and charge cash sales out ,we cannot even check stock on hand might as well shut the doors go home and send you guys the bill for loss of trade .

• PCAPCA Member Posts: 6
    edited June 2014
    Write a reply   I followed these instructions but got the message "Tech Help is not supported in this product"
    edited June 2014
    Write a reply   
  • Greg MacDonaldGreg MacDonald Member Posts: 6
    edited August 2014
    Hi there. When renaming the file to rid myself of the the -6000 & -80 errors I've had since Sunday at 1pm, which file do I rename? Should i take a copy first? Also, is it the .QBW.TLG or the .qbw.nd or the .QBW file?
    edited November 2015
    Hey Greg .QBW is the company file. Making a copy is advised just in case there are any issues. Once you rename, log off so that a .nd file can be created with the new file name (can take up 15 minutes). Once .nd file is ready, try to open the renamed company file.
    edited June 2014
    Dont suppose I can get a response to my comment 3 hours ago?
    edited November 2015
    Hey PCA, are you able to access the name change screen if you Hover over the file and then press F2 on the keyboard? If you are not able to do so, you may need to contact tech support. Thanks.
  • Steve BourkeSteve Bourke Member Posts: 4
    edited November 2015
    I have tried everything suggested, even searched for how to fix for MAC users.

Can someone please just fix this so we all can login without having to change file names and delete and re install information. Last I check this should be IT job not the users...

If you have any other suggestions to help me login please let me know. ASAP...
  • Sue TilleySue Tilley Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2014
    I agree - the service is appalling. I spent an hour on hold today waiting for tech support. I can't even log in so that I can rename the files - I get the error 6000 when I try to log in. And this is after different problems last week.
  • Sue TilleySue Tilley Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2014
    I am getting the 6000 error message when I try to log in. I waited an hour on hold waiting for tech support. Then I emailed Arun Kumar Verma  (he helped with ANOTHER problem last week and had emailed me) explained the problem, emailed a screen shot and asked him to call me so I could fix the problem. His reply was that he couldn't do that as the call volume was too high, and I needed to call again. I don't have time to sit there all day in front of the computer, in hope that someone might eventually answer. Lately there are nothing but problems with QuickBooks hosted, and it is sooooooo slow. If you can't get someone to call me and fix the problem, I will cancel my subscription. This is just not good enough!
  • Kade KingKade King Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2015
    Please help!! i am ALSO having this same problem, i don't know if its just me but i can't follow your explanation so i will spell it out for you.. :) (nb: i have a mac, and F2 just turns my brightness up)

i can access the "open or restore an existing company" link
     - then i click "open a company file", next
    - a screen comes up with 3 file types: "Reckon accounts company file" , " Comfiguration setting (.QBW)" and "ndFile (.qbw.nd)"

...now what??

• Greg MacDonaldGreg MacDonald Member Posts: 6
    edited August 2014
    Thanks Mirko. Can you tell me how to make a copy of the .QBW file please?
  • Jim OehlmanJim Oehlman Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2014
    Totally sick of this substandard hosted product, my complaint letter was sent to Reckon Management yesterday, how can I run a business using this piece of rubbish. 12 years prior I was on the locally installed Quickbooks product before switching to this rubbish
    edited June 2014
    I suggest buying some more shares in Zero, Reckon are going to lose a truck load of customers this year.
    Rubbish product and rubbish service!
  • David GoodwinDavid Goodwin Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2015
    When I go to rename the file it states that I cannot, File is in use by another program.
    edited November 2015
    Hey Kade, please see this thread on how to perform the rename function on a Mac: https://community.reckon.com.au/reckon/topics/error_6000_80_opening_a_company_file

P.S. I will also update the post above to reflect this information.

Note; when it asks you which file to you want to open it is QBW (that is also the file in which you change the name).

Thanks,
    Mirko

edited November 2015
    Hey David, is the file used by someone else? (If so, ask them to log off the file, and try again). If not, please try to reboot your PC, as it seems like the file is being accessed by a program. Let me know how you go.
  • Arnaud NgArnaud Ng Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2015
    This does not work! Three days I have not been able to log in!!!!
    Tired of sitting on hold for the help line, and why was there no system wide advise that there was an issue?
    edited November 2015
    Hey Steve, please see this thread which mentions how to perform the above steps on Mac. https://community.reckon.com.au/reckon/topics/error_6000_80_opening_a_company_file
  • SteveSteve Member Posts: 38
    edited January 2015
    Hey Mirko what part of these people telling you that it is not working is not getting through ?? All these people are telling you that they are trying these fixes and they either do not work or they cannot perform them at all why do you continue to give the same fix.
    edited November 2015
    Hey Arnaud, if you are still having problems, please email me @ [email protected], with your customer ID and contact details. Thanks, Mirko
  • Damien MartinDamien Martin Member Posts: 6
    edited November 2015
    This is absolutely the last straw. I'll be migrating to MYOB or something else as soon as my subscription is up. Can't copy files, can't backup and now this garbage.
    edited November 2015
    Hey Damien, please email me at [email protected] and I will arrange for someone to look into your login, backup and copying issues. Thanks, Mirko
This discussion has been closed.