invoice and estimates list crashes

Glen J
Glen J Member Posts: 3
edited August 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
My Quicken Home and Business 2009 crashes when an attempt is made to open the "Invoice and Estimates "list. I have archived older invoices and checked that the "tax control" has not been moved or hidden as suggested in the Reckon Knowledge Browser to no avail. Is there something else I  can try? Will updating the program solve the problem? It has made business rather difficult being unable to send invoices.....!

Comments

• Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Hey Glen, welcome to the Reckon Community. As an initial trouble shooting step please open another company file (or a sample, if you don't have any other files of your own) and try to run the same process, this will indicate if their is an error with the data file in question or something else. Thanks, Mirko
  • Glen J
    edited February 2019
    Hi Mirko, thanks for your reply. My partner has her part time business figures on another file on the same program. The "Invoice and Estimates" list opens just fine in that file, so the problem is local to my file. Am at loss as to what to do next as invoices have to go out......! Regards, Glen.
  • Ifti
    Ifti Reckon Staff Posts: 258 Reckon Staff
    edited December 2016
    Hi Glen,

Thank you for your post.

Since following the KBs didn't help you, this does look like a data file corruption. You might want to do a "Rename" of the file (File > File Operations > Rename > select your file to highlight only, then from the bottom field, type in a new name and have something very simple and less than 8 characters w/o any spaces) and go OK.
    Test now to see if it helps.

You might want to trial the 2013 release to see if it helps. You might have to go through the Support department for someone to look into the file for you. Sunset policy applies (only current and previous one version are supported only). More info of Sunset policy here: http://home.reckon.com.au/support/Home/Information/SunsetPolicy.aspx
    Purchasing the 2013 Home and Business edition also gives you Free Technical Support.

Thanks.

Ifti

• Glen J
    edited February 2019
    Thanks Ifti for your response. The "Rename" option was unsuccessful so went with downloading the trial 2013 release. It's currently working a treat, all is back to normal. I have lost faith in the program so will use the full three month trial period before I decide to buy, but all good so far. Thanks again.
    Regards, Glen.
  • Ifti
    Ifti Reckon Staff Posts: 258 Reckon Staff
    edited December 2016
    Hi Glen, 

That's a great news to hear! I hope your issues get resolved with the latest version.

Please let us all know if you encounter any more issues.

Cheers,

Ifti