Scheduling regular outgoings

Options
Jon_1902808
Jon_1902808 Member Posts: 65
edited October 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I have a couple of regular monthly payments that I make (to Adobe and iPlayerHD) and thought I'd set up an automatic schedule so that at tax time the totals were all worked out for me! But when I generated an Income Tax Summary the Adobe records are entirely absent, some records are missing from iPlayerHD, and of those present, some are recorded as income (black, positive)?

Accounting is not my strong suit, but any pointers on where I may have gone wrong are appreciated.

Comments

• Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,256 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hey Jon,

Not an Accountant myself, so not sure if the Expenses should be adding up or subtracting.

The one thing I can notice, its that the 3 negative figures come up as 'Customer Invoices', which would be funds coming in, I think they too should be Bills like the other charges?

That might be the starting point. Going in further i.e.: whether the figures should be positive or negative, would best be left for a professional.

:)

-Mirko
  • Jon_1902808
    edited July 2015
    Options
    As it's tax time again I am revisiting this problem. Is it because no bill has been created, and only a regular payment, that the payments don't show up in the tax summary?
    Any other expense I incur I create a bill then mark it as paid. Both bill and payment show up as 'cleared' in the Business Bills Transactions list, and those payments show as negative red amounts in the tax summary.

Ah - I see that I've set up the payments as (gasp) payments! Will try selecting the only other option (business bill) and see how that goes.

• Jon_1902808
    edited July 2015
    Options
    PS and currently the payments are not marked as 'cleared' in the Business Bills transactions list.