ABA File saving

TraceyTracey Member Posts: 4
edited January 2020 in Accounts Hosted
When trying to save ABA file, only Q Drive and B Drive options were available, so unable to save to local drive on a Mac.  Attempted to retrieve the file saved to Q Drive via ABA file history, then export to local drive, but this only created a Web Archive file not a file with ABA extension.  Can Reckon send us the ABA file urgently please as we have a large pay run to complete today?  Help line has been engaged for two hours.

Comments

• CharleyCharley Member Posts: 549 ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    This is where you need to use the Download. Click on download and it will then ask where the file is, go through process and you will find it in your download folder on your computer
  • Cathy O'HardingCathy O'Harding Member Posts: 21
    edited September 2014
    Lucky you can get in at all!
  • TraceyTracey Member Posts: 4
    edited September 2014
    Where is the Download that you refer to?
    I have gone back into ABA file history and I am currently at the screen "Save Bank Online ABA File". I cannot see any option there to download.
  • Nathan ElcoateNathan Elcoate Member Posts: 359
    edited August 2014
    In your datafile, in the top right corner there should be a hovering down arrow. Click that, then browse to Q Drive and you should be able to see the ABA file. Click Open and it will download to your computer.
    edited September 2014
    Thanks Nathan. Feeling very useless with Reckon at this point so excuse my very basic question. But where is the datafile you refer to? I am using Reckon Hosted.
    edited August 2014
    Sorry, whilst logged into the system like normal with your company file being logged in... This might help you. https://community.reckon.com.au/reckon/topics/tip_3_how_to_upload_and_download_files?utm_source=notification&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=new_topic&utm_content=topic_link
    edited September 2014
    Thank you very much Nathan. I wondered what those three mysterious button hovering over the top right areas of my screen were. All sorted now.
    edited August 2014
    Great thanks for that.
  • Cathy O'HardingCathy O'Harding Member Posts: 21
    edited September 2014
    Thanks Nathan this is super helpful (and I know you aren't Reckon just a partner) it seems somewhat more cumbersome than before ... Urgh I thought this was meant to be better/faster not worse and more painful!
    edited August 2014
    Yes I understand, however I quite like the download/upload option, it's especially helpful for larger files like backups. etc..
  • MATTHEW CHANDLERMATTHEW CHANDLER Member Posts: 5
    edited January 2020

Hi Where can I find those hover buttons - they don't appear for me - the only hover button I can see is one that looks like a keyboard?

• Lesley XerriLesley Xerri Member Posts: 48
    edited July 2017
    A great way for ABA files is to set your browser to always ask where you would like to download to.  Then you can rename the file and choose your ABA file folder.
    edited December 2016
    They're up there just to the left of the 'minimize' button. If they're not there now, you might have to log out and log back in again. I've had mine running pretty good now since just before lunch, even the export to Excel is working for me
    edited September 2014
    thanks - mine aren't appearing - I've logged in and out multiple times today but no luck in getting them to appear - any ideas on how I get them to appear?
    edited December 2016
    For me it was about getting the right page to log in from. I could get in from about 2-3 pages that would let me get in to my files but would then start doing all the strange things. I went back to the very first page with all the lovely blue sky and clouds with the idiot parachute. Login from top right hand side to 'hosted' and for me it's working well now including exporting to Excel etc and all the upload and download and the other one are there
    edited August 2014
    They're in the top right corner...
    edited September 2014

not on my screen - hence my question

edited December 2016
    What Browser are you using? I use Firefox and apart from the initial problems mine is all fine. Apparently you have to use the latest IE10 or 11, IE9 and earlier not good.
    edited September 2014
    Thanks - I was using IE11 but it wasn't working. I just downloaded Chrome and it works fine - cheers
    edited December 2016
     Internet Explorer uses must turn off Compatibility View Settings for reckononline.com.au, did you do this? It's under tools