How can I open two company files at once with Reckon Hosted?

CarolynCarolyn Member Posts: 5
edited August 2019 in Reckon One
I have tried to open another tab but keep getting the message - session has been disconnected and has been replaced on the original.

Comments

• Kevin V. RussellKevin V. Russell Member Posts: 336
    edited June 2015
    You can't. Now wasn't that easy?
  • CarolynCarolyn Member Posts: 5
    edited October 2015
    Was pretty sure they showed on the webinar that additional tabs can be opened to access another file...
  • ZappyZappy Accredited Partner Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Hi Carol, now I feel like a complete idiot. You see, I just did this exact thing myself. I don't know. Perhaps if you want to try it again. I haven't tried to use two different files. I can certainly connect to the same file in two different tabs. Thank you for making me aware.
  • Helen HallHelen Hall Member Posts: 5
    edited September 2014
    I have tried as well as I read that it could be done but keep getting disconnected.  I have 2 entities with interentitiy loans and it would certainly be useful

• Helen HallHelen Hall Member Posts: 5
    edited September 2014
    Actually I have just managed to do it using two separate user id's
  • CarolynCarolyn Member Posts: 5
    edited October 2015
    Hi Helen,  Yes, I am able to open with separate ID's as well.  I was hoping that one ID would work therefore saving $$. Perhaps not...
  • ZappyZappy Accredited Partner Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Interesting works for me with different IDs. Perhaps you cannot create two files with the same ID. Don't know. Haven't tried it.
  • lance arthylance arthy Member Posts: 46
    edited December 2016
    That is one feature worthy of being part of an upgrade (shudder at mention of that word). I wouldn't use it often but there are times it would be handy.
  • Jen HumphreysJen Humphreys Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2014
    I thought they mentioned the new functionality of being able to open 2 different company files in 2 different windows in the webinar as well.  But I haven't been able to do it without being disconnected from the first company.  Can Reckon support please explain.
  • IftiIfti Reckon Staff Posts: 457 ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Hi there,

Thank you for all for your posts in the community.

You can only have 1 session per account. Opening in a new tab will take over the current session.

If you have any more queries, please do let us know.

Thank you.

Ifti
  • MirkoMirko Alumni Posts: 2,601 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Adding to Ifti's point. There maybe some confusion, I know some tips stated running 2 tabs, from my understanding (and from what I've seen), is this:
    • You can run 2 sessions if you have multiple logins.
    • With one login, you can open multiple reports as PDF's in new tabs.
    Cheers,
    Mirko
  • Melissa MeedsMelissa Meeds Member Posts: 31
    edited May 2015
    Yes would be great to open two files.  I look after a small business that runs both a Sole Trader & Company. There is only a need for 1 user/log in.  It is a pain having to do a transaction in one file and then close it down open other file process transaction then go back to other file (on Reckon Hosted) also on the desk top version, my boss has 5 different company files (this is my main job) and again it is such a pain when he moves money from 1 to the other has have to open and close each file :(