Importing IIF files for item list to a new company file

Options
Sharlene_7127893
Sharlene_7127893 Member Posts: 2
edited October 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I am trying to import my current item list into a new company.  It comes up with 2 different errors. 1. Error on line 464 'Cant change name or duplicate name."
2. The taxable setting in tax code NCG has been changed.  This cannot be imported.

Comments

• Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    Options

Hi Sharlene,

It means that on line 464 is the name of an item which has previously been used as a different type.

Also at the bottom of the item list is all the tax codes (tax items).

If you are familiar with IIF files and Excel you will need to open the file to fix this. But if you are not aware of what you need to do I would suggest getting someone with expertise to assist you.

I am available if you need.

Kind regards,

Sally McIntosh (sally@samsolutions.com.au)

• Sharlene_7127893
    Sharlene_7127893 Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Sorry, I cannot work out where I have things wrong.  I would appreciate some more instructions about fixing the errors, please.
  • Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2016
    Options

Hi Sharlene,

You need to remove the tax items at the bottom and look closely at line 464.

If you do not know what you are doing, can I suggest contacting a local Reckon Accredited Partner to help you:

http://home.reckon.com.au/support/Home/ReckonSupport/FindAReckonAccreditedPartner.aspx

Or I can help you remotely if you wish.

Kind regards,

Sally McIntosh (sally@samsolutions.com.au)