Discount on invoice gets doubled when you go to print

Options
Rob Whyte
Rob Whyte Member Posts: 1
edited July 2019 in Reckon One
When I create an invoice and select 'Invoice Discount' the discount is applied correctly, but when I go to print the discount is applied a second time on the already discounted price. For example if the items come to $200 and I apply a 10% discount the invoice amount is assessed as $200 less $20 = $180. When I then select to print the invoice it applies the discount amount again (not the 10% but the $20) so that the invoice ends up having an invoice amount of $160.

If instead I have no discount on the invoice but discount the individual items by 10% and then go to print the invoice amount stays at $180. 

Is there some logic I'm overlooking or is this a definite problem?

Comments

• Scott_6428906
    Scott_6428906 Reckon Staff Posts: 75 Reckon Staff
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Hi Rob,

Yes you are correct, this is an issue. It seems to occur when using percentage discounts via the "Invoice discount" field.

Thank you for raising this issue, I have informed the Reckon One team regarding this problem.

There are two work arounds that I can suggest for the time being:

If using the "Invoice discount" field, enter a dollar discount amount instead of a percentage discount amount.

(Note: The "Invoice discount" field allows you to set either a percentage discount amount or a dollar discount amount that applies to the whole invoice.)

#2 (as you mentioned in your post)
    If needing to apply a percentage discount, then instead of using the "Invoice discount" field to set the percentage discount amount, set the percentage discount amount in each individual line(s)/row(s) within the invoice.

(Note: The discount field within each line/row allows you to set either a percentage discount amount or a dollar discount amount that only applies to that applicable invoice line/row.)

Regards,
    Scott.

• Scott_6428906
    Scott_6428906 Reckon Staff Posts: 75 Reckon Staff
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Hi Rob,

This issue is now fixed (version 1.5.7.2).

Regards,
    Scott.