I want to load Q'Books accounts data under .QBB and .QBW from an XP op system to the new Reckon Acco

Options
Derek Sheppard
Derek Sheppard Member Posts: 4
edited February 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I used Quickbooks for years, last on a computer with XP which died. The accounting was backed up on an external hard drive. I have saved it on the computer both under .QBB and now .QBW. Is this something that can be uploaded to cloud accounting and then downloaded again? I would like if possible to transfer that data into the Reckon Accounts 2014 software on a MS Windows 8 system. How do I do it?

Comments

• Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    Options

Hi Derek,

Why do you need to upload data to the cloud and then down again?

Can you not just plug your external hard drive into your new computer and the Reckon Accounts software will just pick it up from there?

What version were you using on XP?

Kind regards,

Sally McIntosh (Sally@samsolutions.com.au)

• Derek Sheppard
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I only mentioned the cloud as a means of loading the previous accounts data onto the new Accounts 2014 software.  I haven't been able to make it work any other way.  I've followed advice on the reckon site to first load it onto QB 2007/8, but that has no worked.  the message said it was of a different "flavour", which only makes sense to me when speaking about food.  I can't remember what version of XP, but I religiously updated service packs as they issued.

• Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    Options

Hi Derek,

Sorry as there is cloud software I got confused.

Not the version of XP, the version of QuickBooks you had on XP?

I.e. was it QuickBooks 2006-07?

When we talk about flavours we are talking about the different versions available, for example Accounts, Plus, Pro, Premier.

What version of Accounts 2014 do you have now, and what version of QuickBooks did you have back then?

Kind regards,

Sally McIntosh (Sally@samsolutions.com.au)

• Derek Sheppard
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I can't say.  I used QuickBooks for years.  It would have been earlier than 2006/7.  I'd have to search CD's for the original software.  We've moved and the computer on which the files were loaded died.  We now have Accounts Plus 2014.
  • Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,256 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hey Derek might be best to give customer service a call on 1800 RECKON. They will be able to see which version you have used, what your data file would be compatible with today and also tell you how you will need to upgrade your file to make it compatible with 2014.
  • gr10
    gr10 Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2015
    Options
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Trying to upgrade from 2002 to 2010/11. Trying to upgrade from 2002 to 2010/11 (full version, I also have upgrades through 12/13). I cannot get my data to transfer. I keep getting a "wrong flavour" error.  I have trolled these sites for the past week and have tried almost everything I have come across.Help!
  • Mirko
    edited November 2015
    Options
  • gr10
    gr10 Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Thanks Mirko But I have tried to follow all of these paths and still get a "different flavour" error

My original version was Quickbooks 2002, I have successfully used this for years but bought the newer version a few years ago and ran into this same problem so just stayed with my original version. Now my accountant wants me to upgrade and I face the same problems again. I think I may have to start at a EOFY date and enter everything again.
  • Mirko
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Flavor relates to the version, Plus, Pro etc... it general means the version you are bringing your data into is not compatible. 2002 data would need to run the file through 2007/08 prior to 10/11 or 12/13. Note the datafile could also be rejecting if you are opening it in a lower version, i.e. a Pro datafile in Plus Software. Once a datafile is upgraded to a newer or higher version it cannot be downgraded.

See this image on version compatibility from page 14 of the guide;