How do I adjust the tax for items applicable for GST only?

Options
GabbyLambkin
GabbyLambkin Member Posts: 6
edited August 2019 in Reckon One
There are some bills that I am needing to enter just GST applicable items.  Therefore, not the full 1/11 of the gross amount equates to the full GST.  The tax code I have been mainly utilsing is NCG, however this will not allow me to adjust it.  When I do, the gross amount is affected.  What suggestions do you have?

Comments

• Qwerty
    Qwerty Member Posts: 261
    edited March 2017
    Options

Hi GabbyLambkin,

I'm not sure if I fully understand the question however Reckon One does allow you to modify tax amounts.

Say you are wanting to enter just the tax only portion (e.g. gross amount = $110.00, net amount = $100.00 & tax amount = $10.00), please try the following...

1. Ensure you have enabled the following two options in the Tax settings screen 

Allow tax amounts to be edited

Allow users to choose whether or not amounts include tax

2. Create a new bill & in the Amounts field select Net (Tax Exclusive)

3. If using an account row/line in the bill, ensure the Amount specified is $0.00, the applicable tax code (e.g. NCG) is selected, then manually enter in the applicable tax amount

or

If using an item row/line in the bill, ensure the Item price specified is $0.00, the applicable tax code (e.g. NCG) is selected, then manually enter in the applicable tax amount

• Qwerty
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Kevin is correct :)
  • GabbyLambkin
    GabbyLambkin Member Posts: 6
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Awesome!  Thank you for your assistance.
  • Qwerty
    edited March 2017
    Options

After reading Kevin's reply & then re-reading your question, this reply might be a bit more relevant than my first reply. Kevin's response is correct. Another option available to you, say your bill total is $110.00 however the tax amount shown on the bill doesn't calculate exactly to an eleventh of the gross total. Say your bill shows a different tax amount (e.g. gross amount $110.00, net amount $100.25 & tax amount $9.75). If for some reason you need to enter this scenario using only a single line in the bill (& assuming that you have completed steps 1 & 2 listed in my previous reply above), you can enter the net amount followed by the applicable custom tax amount.