Problem with downloading statements through BankData

Options
Liz_7396695
Liz_7396695 Member Posts: 1
I have recently set up 2 of our Westpac bank accounts with BankData, but I seem to keep having issues with not all transactions that appear on the bank statement being downloaded. For example, from my bank statement there may be 100 transactions, but when I to perform the BankData import, it may only pick up 80 transactions. This has happened with both bank accounts at different times. Is there any reason for this and how can it be fixed?
I have also had the issue of when we have a debit transaction out of our bank account (due to a direct debit one of our customers has set up has been denied), when I import the statement, for some reason this transaction is coming through as a credit rather than a debit. Alternatively, when we made payment for an employee's wages that bounced back into our bank account, when I download the statement, this transaction is coming through as a debit, rather than a credit.
Any suggestions on how to fix these issues would be most appreciated.
Thanks

Comments

• Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,256 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hey Liz, please email a copy of your bank statement to BankData@reckon.com they can look into this for you - they will be able to cross reference your transaction to what BankData received from the bank; and if need be investigate with Westpac. With regards to CR & DR, a Credit in your bank Account should appear as a DR in your books (due to being as asset to you it would be DR but CR to bank as for them it is a Liability), if this query extends past basic Accounting Practices, it's best to relay this question to your Accountant. Cheers, Mirko