How to show account codes in Reckon One reporting

Sharyn_7402664
Sharyn_7402664 Member Posts: 10
edited September 2020 in Reckon One
In Reckon One is it possible to report using account codes instead of just the chart of account names? One reason for this, is that it seems to automatically sort the items into alpha order, and we have several subaccounts, which means the reports are not very easy to follow.
Also, can I just report on the header accounts, where it consolidates the subaccounts into the total?
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Scott_6428906
    Scott_6428906 Reckon Staff Posts: 75 Reckon Staff
    edited July 2019
    Hi Sharyn,

Currently the financial reports in Reckon One (e.g P&L report & trial balance report) don't have the option to include the account number column, sort by account numbers or expand/collapse parent sub accounts.

I have submitted the following feedback to the Reckon One team.

* Include an 'Account code' column in financial reports
    * Allow the applicable reports to be sorted by account code
    * Allow the applicable reports to have the option to expand/collapse parent/sub accounts within the report

Regards,
    Scott.  
  • Sharyn_7402664
    Sharyn_7402664 Member Posts: 10
    edited July 2019
    Thanks Scott. I appreciate that - any idea if and when the Reckon One team will consider these changes, and when they would become available? It's a pretty big one for us.
  • Scott_6428906
    edited May 2016
    Hi Sharyn,

Unfortunately at this stage I don't have any more information to provide you with. 

Scott.
  • Scott_6428906
    edited September 2020
    Hi Sharyn,

In the next release of Reckon One (release date yet to be confirmed) you will be able to:
    * Include the 'Account code' column in certain reports 
    * Sort the applicable reports in account code order
    * Have the option to expand/collapse parent/sub accounts within the applicable reports

I was able to confirm this for the profit & loss report and the balance sheet report, however, i'm yet to see the trial balance report options.

Regards,
    Scott.
  • Scott_6428906
    edited May 2016

Hi Sharyn,

Regarding the trial balance report, you will be able to show the account code column as well as expand/collapse parent/sub accounts. However you won't be able to sort by account code in this report.

Regards,

Scott.

• Rod_7542780
    Rod_7542780 Member Posts: 7
    edited December 2016
    reports are a disaster, the cost of goods are at the bottom of the pnl report that doesn't show a gross profit, amount. don't get me started on the Balance sheet assets and liabilities seem to be in some adhoc order not related to liquidity of asset or time to pay, extract the digit on this one, please Scott.
  • Jason Hollis
    Jason Hollis Alumni Posts: 516 Reckon Staff
    edited December 2016
    Hi Rod,

We have added a new report engine to the latest release of Reckon One (launched last Sunday). You should see a major improvement in rendering, hyperlinks, detail and transactional drill-downs (try the link when clicking on the AMOUNT vs the GL ACCOUNT in the P&L for example - we've added some smarts in there too).

More customisation and filtering has also been added with more on the way (as we want to give our customer the same brilliant reporting as Reckon Accounts).

Finally we have also added the GP sub-total to give you your top line before expenses. It should have always been there... so we have corrected that.

Regards,
    Jason
  • Jason Hollis
    Jason Hollis Alumni Posts: 516 Reckon Staff
    edited December 2016
    Here is an example of the sorting filter that Scott mentioned Sharyn:

We have also gone one step further than Reckon Accounts in terms of sub-levels; you can now view the Header level, or sub-level 1, 2 or 3. 

Kind regards,
    Jason