Unable to open company file with newly set up user.

Options
Daryll
Daryll Member Posts: 3
edited August 2016 in Accounts Hosted
Recently added a new user but when trying to open company file it asks to enter Admin password. DO that and it says that user already logged in (assume under our other log in)> Please help

Comments

• Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,256 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hey Darryl, thanks for your post and welcome to the Community.

Have a run through this post detailing steps on enabling a file to be shared for all users in the Cloud > https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/faqs-sharing-files-in-hosted.

Let me know if that does the trick - if not - please let us know if there are any errors or any other information to help diagnose the issue!

Cheers,
    Mirko

• Daryll
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Thanks for this however when I log on and go to Share Company File no file comes up? In Shared folder access what appears to be the company file does show as being shared by both users set up for this company.
  • Mirko
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Thanks for the follow up Daryll, login as the Admin and check that the file is enabled for multi-user mode: File>switch to multi-user, the user will also need to have a profile created within the Data File with roles defined (see video). If this does not resolve the issue, please give tech support a call.
  • Daryll
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thanks for your help. Looks like I have been able to get this sorted now.
    ?
  • Mirko
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Great to hear Daryll. Out of curiosity, do you know what did the trick? - This may well help a future community user in the same boat! :)