online banking file missing employees

Options
Starshots
Starshots Member Posts: 3
edited August 2018 in Accounts Hosted
Hi,

Yesterday was pay day and I entered all our employees payroll into Accounts hosted as per normal however one of our employees had a rate change mid cycle and so I had to split the employee in two.
When I then went to create the bank ABA file I had ticked all employees and there were 2 files for the one employee as there should have been then I decided to preview the ABA file before creating but there was only 1 employee listed.  I thought maybe there was some glitch and the ABA file would still create fine so I created the file but still only 1 employee instead of 25.
I then un-posted the ABA file and all 25 employees listed again for ticking but still wouldn't load for processing to the bank.
Then I deleted all employees payroll except the one that listed and re-entered them.  this seemed to work.  All employees listed again and when I previewed the ABA file all employees were there so I created the file and uploaded to the bank.  All seemed to be fine until this morning the employee that I split called to say she wasn't paid correctly.  When i looked closer at the bank file only 1 payroll entry has been sent to the bank however when I open the processed payroll both are marked as sent to the bank.
I am not happy about this and would like to know why this has happened.  I have not had issues previously with splitting the payroll for employees.
Can someone please get back to me to sort this out thank you?

Comments

• Shisir
    Shisir Alumni Posts: 230
    edited August 2018
    Options

Hi Starshots,

Thank you for asking reckon community                   

Sorry to hear your issue. It appears there could be corruption on the data file as we could not replicate the issue on out end.

Please do verify and rebuild on the data file as per the instructions.

If the issue persits please give us call in support line for further investigation.

Regards

Shisir

• Starshots
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Shisir,

i ran the verify and the attached message came up instead of the ok button.  Ho do I see what the log has listed, I don't have a Z:?image
  • Shisir
    Shisir Alumni Posts: 230
    edited August 2018
    Options

Hi Starshots,

As you are using Reckon hosted the log file will be generated on the server itself and not on your PC.

This server location is not accessible by end users and has to be retrieved by us. However the nature of the log file is such that it gets deleted everytime you shut down the Reckon Accounts. Hence in order to retrieve the log file, please give us call immediately after you finish the verify-rebuild of the file.

Regards

Shisir

• Inigo
    Inigo Member Posts: 193
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Why is that log file not accessible to the users?

How long does it take to retrieve that log file by asking a technician?

Why can't you put one of those buttons like the Upload / Download / Copy and Paste buttons at the top of the screen to give users a way to download that log to our local computer?

-IM
  • Starshots
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Alright, that is all good and well except how am i supposed to have you access the log file when my file keeps crashing if as you say after the program logs out the file is gone?