Error message

Options
Graeme_6470332
Graeme_6470332 Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited August 2016 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Every 3rd time i open Quicken home and business i get error messages.
Eg 157241516 or 157884401
This has been happening for years, even though I update the software annually.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling.  I have reduced the file size, but it still happens.  It crashes every 3rd or 4th time I open the program.  I have been using quicken since 1987, and always belonged to Quicken advantage.  I have contacted the support people but thewy were useless for this problem

Comments

• Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,256 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options

Hi, sounds like there maybe a corruption with the data file. Try to open a sample file a few times and see if the same error occurs - if it does not it would indicate the former. You may also wish to try running a validate on your file. Keen to hear how you go.
  • Graeme_6470332
    Graeme_6470332 Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I have done all this previously.  I have validated and super validated till I am blue in the face.  I have opened sample files, and I have imported my files to the sample file, but nop progress
    I have reduced my file size.  no luck!!
  • Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,256 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Sounds like it might be a pretty serious data corruption. It might be best to contact Reckon Data Services - This is a paid services, but file analysis is free.

It might also be an idea to start a fresh data file, with all opening balances in the new financial year (or now if the error is unbearable) and retain the current data file for historical purposes.