Does anybody know of a good timer program that imports into QuickBooks?

Sara - Balancing Numbers
Sara - Balancing Numbers Member Posts: 75 ✭✭
edited August 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I am working with a team where every activity is logged in great detail, both the Item and the Class.  Currently this is logged in Excel, then once a fortnight, the information is collated, printed, and manually entered into QuickBooks.

The staff do not have access to QuickBooks so I have been trying to set up a Pro Timer file, however there are a few things Pro Timer doesn't do - IE dropdown in classes as you type, and no time clock when using Pro Timer as a stand-alone outside of QuickBooks.  

Does anybody know of a reasonably priced, or free program, that can record both Expenses (or Items) AND Classes, and then be imported into QuickBooks?

Thanks.

Comments

• Inigo
    Inigo Member Posts: 193
    edited April 2015
    Hi Sara,

Have you installed the Reckon Accounts Timer application from the CD to your team members?

Can you clarify what you mean by:

"there are a few things Pro Timer doesn't do - IE dropdown in classes as you type, and no time clock when using Pro Timer as a stand-alone outside of QuickBooks.  "

Just checked my Timer and it too did not have anything listed in the drop-down list for Class.

Then I checked the data file that I was using and found that there was actually no entries in my class list in the data file.

Once I added an entry in the class list and then exported the Timer Lists once again, then imported that into the ProTimer, any new time activities now show something in the Class drop-down list.

Have you exported the required 'Timer Lists' from your company file so that the team members with the Reckon Accounts Timer (ProTimer) application would have the current lists present within Timer?

Tracking Time with the Standalone Timer (references QuickBooks but the process is basically the same)

Alternatively maybe this mobile app can do what you need.
    http://www.zedtimesheet.com/

-IM

• cosmic
    cosmic Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    We can help you , here, please refer previous threads on time sheet with notes as well.
    We are also testing mobile versions. the desktop versions has features of  entering class, jobs , items, new notes, saved noted and recall notes and all gets posted to RA without opening RA.
    More than 15 people can use the TsApp, with havin only 3- 5 user lic of RA.
    WE CAN GIVE YOU A DEMO OF IT.

Cosmic Accounting Group

Accountants and Tax Agents 22397009

• cosmic
    edited September 2018
    Our tsapp, can be used remotely by any number of people without needing to have RA, ability to invoice by selected ITEMS, selected employee and display in the tax invoice.
    Great report filter , billable and unbillabe reports and many more

Cosmic Accounting Group

• cosmic
    edited August 2019
    Hi,Principal, of Balancing Act, since you are a AP or a partner, we are offering FREE, download of our tsapp, you are able to use for your own personal use and to demo to your clients.
    If you wish to give us your contact info on:chandra@cosmicaccountinggroup.com.au
    we can get you the free app.

Cosmic Accounting Group

• Sara - Balancing Numbers
    Sara - Balancing Numbers Member Posts: 75 ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Hi Chandra, thank you for that.  I have emailed you at the address shown.  Regards,
    Sara