I want to do an overnight update on most items (a fee increase). How to do that with minimum downtim

Cam Day_7459299
Cam Day_7459299 Member Posts: 3
edited August 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I want to do an overnight update on most items with minimum down time. I am thinking of creating a copy of the DB. Updating the items manually. Then exporting the IFF files to the existing DB. Is that correct?

Comments

• Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017

Hi Cam,

Yes you can export the list, update the prices, then reimport them. Make sure you take a backup before importing in case anything goes wrong.

Have you also looked at in the item list > click on activities button at the bottom > then change item prices. This could work for you too?

Kind regards,

Sally McIntosh (sally@samsolutions.com.au)

• Cam Day_7459299
    edited March 2015
    Thanks for the quick reply Kevin. SImply I want to update the gross amounts of several/many items in the Item list. It's for a free increase in our company for services supplied. The new fee data is in a spreadsheet and I was going to update the Item list i Reckon manually. That may take a couple of hours so I don't want to hold up our main database while doing that. Thanks again.
  • Cam Day_7459299
    edited March 2015
    Thanks Sally. That 'change item prices' is a winner - that will help dramatically!!!!  I'm excited! (OK small things, small minds  :-)