multiple instances of Quickbooks

Mikko Quilala
Mikko Quilala Member Posts: 3
edited August 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
So we've had our server die in the past week and have had to revert back to installing quickbooks on everyeones computer as opposed to Remotely logging into the server. with that being said, for efficiency's sake, we were logging into 2 different computers to open 2 seperate Quickbook files at the same time. Now that we're back to using our computers, we do not have this luxury anymore and realised the impact that this will cause on work flow.... Can i please get an explanation on why we cannot open 2 instances of Quickbooks on the same computer when people in America who use Quickbooks have been able to use this feature SINCE 2011!!!!!! i just think it should be on the Priority List of things to include in the next iteration of the program. Please do not get me wrong, i love Quickbooks... coming from an MYOB environment 3 years ago i understand where Quickbooks just looks down at MYOB like the scum that it is, but it allowed 3 and even 4 instances of MYOB which made life so much easier.... thoughts anyone... because i can not be alone in this matter

Comments

• Mikko Quilala
    Mikko Quilala Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2015
    whether it was in accordance with licence conditions or not, I've seen multiple times, community managers give that same work around to use to everyone. but do you not see the problem in opening 2 laptops for one program