Preferences - How to "Clear" - Automatically recall last transaction for this name

Sara - Balancing Numbers
Sara - Balancing Numbers Member Posts: 75 ✭✭
edited August 2017 in Accounts Hosted
Hi, I'm using current version of RA Hosted.  I've tried switching off the preference to Automatically Recall, close and reopen the file, etc.  For some reason, it is Automatically Recalling an OLD transaction, not the "Last Transaction".  Anybody got another idea how to clear the transaction from weeks ago?  This is a Supplier that has multiple invoices each month, and it's a pain to have to clear the memo field every time.

Comments

• Jay Jay
    Jay Jay Alumni Posts: 55
    edited November 2016
    Hi Balancing act, 

Assume if this problem occurs on a memorised transaction, you can delete and recreate the memorised transaction. 

If this is on a normal bill which when you turn off the auto recall function and still system pick up memo on the old bill, this can imply it might be something wrong with this old bill. I would suggest run verify follow by rebuild the file. make a backup and delete this old bill and enter the bill again, this time record the memo a bit different compare to last time and see if this maybe fix the issue. 

regards
    Jay Jay

• Tuan Pham
    Tuan Pham Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2015
    I have the same problem. I use Reckon Account Plus 2014. When I entered a transaction in the banking register It did not recall the last transaction, this applies to item that require Gst component, but seemed OK with transaction that does not require a tax component.
    I have uninstalled and reinstalled thr program, have rebuilt and verified data files. Nothing worked. This is very annoying as it is time consuming to re enter the transaction every time.
    Please help
    Tony
  • Kathy Mackinlay_6947388
    Kathy Mackinlay_6947388 Member Posts: 141
    edited June 2015
    If you want the recall last transaction go to preferences > General and tick the box to recall last transaction for this name. That worked for me.
  • Tuan Pham
    Tuan Pham Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2015
    Thanks, I did that, but it still did not work if I initiated writing check by clicking on an entry in the bank register. I however found out that if I click Control+w to write a cheque, then it can recall last transaction.
    Thanks for your help