DATA ENTRY

Options
Tony Davis
Tony Davis Member Posts: 3
edited August 2019 in Accounts Hosted
WHAT COMBINATION OF KEYS CAN BE USED TO REPEAT DATA WHEN THE ABOVE ENTRY IS THE SAME AS THE NEXT ENTRY

Comments

• Sara - Balancing Numbers
    Sara - Balancing Numbers Member Posts: 75 ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Hi Tony, can you provide some more information please.  It's possible that Memorising your transaction would solve this issue, depending on which parts of the data are the same.
  • Tony Davis
    edited April 2015
    Options
    thanks, when entering cheques for example it could be on behalf of several people but the details are the same except for persons name in the bill/ to last box ,at present we enter the same details manually on each line but there should be a "ditto" button to save repetition .

We might send a cheque on behalf of 20 people so it would save a lot of time if we can just hit"ditto"
  • cosmic
    cosmic Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Hi Tony, i like to know more about exactly you want to do,so you have how many bills to enter more that 500 and they all have same info except the supplier name, so u have same item and same description , but what about the bill reference .One more issue you got hosted,

Cosmic Accounting Group

Accountants and Tax Agents 22397009

• Tony Davis
    edited August 2019
    Options
    no its for entering cheque payments for ex we pay a supplier $1000 for services for 50 clients the amount $20 each,the details ,the memo are all the same just the bill/to box at the end of each line is different
    but at present we have to type same info 50 times on our previous accounting system you had a "ditto" which copied the line above but can't find it on reckon.
  • Sara - Balancing Numbers
    Sara - Balancing Numbers Member Posts: 75 ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Hi Tony, if this is do-able (given that it's hard to follow exactly what the issue is, just via posting on here) then it's likely to be something an experienced Reckon consultant can assist you with.  I've been working with this product for 16 years (since version 6!!) and I'm happy to have a quick chat with you.  If I think I can help, I'll give you an estimated cost and you can decide where to go from there.  Please email me if you're interested in this service.  balancingqld@gmail.com.  
  • Kathy Mackinlay_6947388
    Kathy Mackinlay_6947388 Member Posts: 141
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hi Tony, can you do it as a memorised cheque and just change the ones necessary if you need to when you do the next cheque?