how do i match payables with payments that werent entered through the pay bills tab

Options
Retreats Victoria
Retreats Victoria Member Posts: 6
edited December 2017 in Accounts Hosted
hi new to reckon hosted - we accidentally loaded up an old file and lost 6 months of data.  we have done a bank rec for 6 months and entered payments made and then just entered a trade creditors jnl to record the invoices in suppliers.  however this has resulted in some suppliers having a payment recorded and an invoice awaiting payment in the same account yet when i run an accounts payable report theys still show as payable - how can i match them off

Comments

• Kathy Mackinlay_6947388
    Kathy Mackinlay_6947388 Member Posts: 141
    edited April 2015
    Options
    If you want them to be recorded as payments in Accounts payable and the supplier, you would need to have entered the cheques as Pay Bills option and select the bill. If you entered the cheques to the Accounts payable account, all you need to do is do a journal to the expenses account for the bills and the other side would be the accounts payable account. This would clear the accounts payable account out but you would not have an individual record of the invoices in the suppliers. Hope this makes sense. Cheers, Kathy
  • Graham Boast
    Graham Boast Accredited Partner Posts: 331 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Hi RV

If you have a bill in the system, and a cheque in the system, you will need to amend the cheque as follows:

Note:
    Account = Accounts Payable
    Taxcode = MUST BE BLANK
    Customer:Job = Supplier Name (must be a SUPPLIER)

This will appear as a credit in the Pay Bills window that can be applied against the unpaid bill.

Graham Boast 0409317366
    Reckon Accredited Consultant
    graham@reckonhelp.com.au
    http://reckonhelp.com.au/remotesupport.htm

Graham Boast | 0409 317366 | graham@reckonhelp.com.au