Period Ending is at 2026 in Reconciliation Detail Report

Dan_7508223
Dan_7508223 Member Posts: 3
edited February 2017 in Accounts Hosted
When we do the bank reconciliation our Reckon Hosted system is printing a date at the top of the Reconciliation Detail report in 2026 and printing pages and pages of transactions. Any ideas what is causing this. The Reconciliation Summary report has the correct date on the top of its report.

Comments

• Inigo
    Inigo Member Posts: 193
    edited May 2015
    Dan,

Check your previous reconciliation reports and see if any one of those may have been reconciled for a future date.

Click on the Banking menu and the click Reconcile
    You will see a Locate Discrepancies button
    Click on the Previous Reports button

See if any Previous Statement Dates are in the future.

You may then need to undo all the reconciliation stages up to that point and then re-reconcile the periods again.

Also maybe check that your Windows system date is set to the present period.

-IM
  • Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017

Hi Dan,

That is very weird that the same statement period report is showing 2 different dates. Did this appear when you reconciled and selected both to display or did you go into previous reports and display them that way?

Also the Detail report not only shows the cleared transactions, but the uncleared transactions as well. So yes the report can often be very lengthy if you haven't reconciled in a while and there is a lot sitting there.

Kind regards,

Sally McIntosh (Sally@samsolutions.com.au)

• Dan_7508223
    edited May 2015
    Thank you Sally...it appears the date issue also existed on our old version of Quicken before converting to Reckon Hosted. The long list of transactions only started after the conversion from Quicken to Reckon from what I can see. My guess is that there is a data corruption somewhere but there doesn't seem to be a way to reset the date to move forward from. I am considering setting up a new company file for July 1 to move forward from if I cannot resolve the issue.
  • Dan_7508223
    edited May 2015
    Thank you for this - I have checked past reconciliations and with the exception of the vary last one for 30th March 2015 all the rest of them are in the future! It seems as though the report date is consistently about 11 years and a few months into the future always using the 21st of each month as the date.