report on expiring warranty from fixed asset list

Fiona_7520293
Fiona_7520293 Member Posts: 10
edited April 2020 in Accounts Hosted
I have quite a few fixed assets with varying warranty periods.   I cant find a report or even field that will list the warranty expiry dates although I have entered them in each Fixed Asset.

I'd like to print quarterly the list of fixed assets that are coming up for expiry on warranty. 
thanks

Comments

• Alex Tan
    Alex Tan Member Posts: 83
    edited February 2016
    Hi Fiona,

Unfortunately Reckon Accounts Business does not have a report that can find Warranty that is expiring from a fixed asset list.

You can find out the expiry dates in a print preview format by going to the Lists dropdown menu clicking on Fixed Asset Item List then click on the Item button, Print List and go to Preview.

Regards,
    Alex
  • Fiona_7520293
    Fiona_7520293 Member Posts: 10
    edited May 2015
    Can I note this is extremely slow and frustrating.  What is the point of having a data field if you cannot print it??
    If I have over 100 items (eg computers in a company) all with different expiry dates, can you really imagine checking all 100 assets regularly??? Databases are supposed to make life easier, not harder.  Please put into the suggestion box. (how hard can it be to make it a choosable field??)
    [feeling VERY frustrated now]
  • Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Hey Fiona, I've changed the coversation type to 'Idea' so that is is registered as a 'Suggestion' for our Product Management and Development team to review for a future release.
  • Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Hi Fiona

As a work around could you use the 'to do list' and enter the warranty expiry dates into the to-do-list, you can also set the reminder for any date you wish prior to expiry
  • VBMOM
    VBMOM Member Posts: 6
    edited May 2015
    Further to this, is there any way to print the Notes field in the Fixed Assets list?
  • VBMOM
    VBMOM Member Posts: 6
    edited May 2015
    And why do we have fields for Depreciation and Book Value when there is no way of getting data into those fields?