ERR_CONNECTION_RESET

Ian_7036182
Ian_7036182 Member Posts: 28
edited January 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Account hosted at 1.55 am 18/05/2015, I get the message ERR_CONNECTION_RESET when I try to access the login page directly or via reckon home page.
Is it just me or is there a problem.

Comments

• Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    Hi Ian,
    I am in and working (crazy I know) with no issues.
    Try logging off remote sessions in the Control Panel and see if that helps?
    Kind regards,
    Sally McIntosh (Sally@samsolutions.com.au)
  • gazza73
    gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 802 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    Ian
    Any result yet.  We're running OK using:
    -  Debian Linux with firefox v35.0.1  (Later versions available too).  
    -  Android Tablet running Firefox v23.0
    -  Win7 64bit (VM) running Firefox v37.0.2
    If you raised this forum post on the same machine, you obviously have internet running okay,  but paragraghs a clean start of Firefox, clearing cache may help.

Gary Pope
    An Accredited Partner- Consultant
    Working with PPs/APs who are Accountants, as a former Accountant and IT Professional!
    (VIC. Aust)
  • Ian_7036182
    Ian_7036182 Member Posts: 28
    edited January 2020
    Thanks for the replies. I am on a riverboat on the Mississippi and I think the speed and strength of connection is causing the problem. Will try at the next major town
  • gazza73
    gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 802 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    Ian - Terrific to see the Australian product being used from over there!

Priscilla.   Given the service is UP presently, then look for some other aspects of how you're connecting to the AWS site.  For instance:  Check your line speed too.  I assume you're logging this forum message on the same PC/device, in which case you've got a some internet connection.  But clear your browser cache, and do a speed test from someone like say:   http://www.ozspeedtest.com/bandwidth-test
    and choose Amazon Cloud front for instance in Australia as the test (a good close example of how Reckon use its secure services).  

For comparison:  I operate from a couple of locations, but my  main office is in  a fairly bad geographic area and I only enjoy speeds like 4800kbps download and 600kbps upload.  But that is sufficient to run Accounts HOSTED or Reckon ONE.  Compare your settings/speed results to eliminate your 'connection' as a likely issue.  Remember,  a cgood connection one day does not mean you will enjoy the same the next day.  Depending on whetehr you're on 3G, 4G, ADSL, ADSL2+, Cable, Satellite, NBN ((and all its variants) (you name it these days!)...  you can get impacted by congestion on the network either your end, the other end, r cross-traffic in the middle. 

Otherwise,  clear the CACHE in your browser  -  ie:  In Firefox: MENU: History:  Clear Recent History.  Then close and restart the Browser.

Gary Pope
    An Accredited Partner- Consultant  (VIC. Aust)

"Working with Accountants/Bookkeepers PPs/APs, as an
          independent IT Professional
    and retired FCPA Accountant"