Superstream

Options
Kelly Leaning-Dalley_7329046
Kelly Leaning-Dalley_7329046 Member Posts: 9
edited April 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Really stupid question - setting up super details for superstream with the NAB superpay.  Do I need bank account details for each super fund loaded into Reckon?  Or will the clearing house have all the details of the super funds their end??

Comments

• Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Hi Kelly,

The superfunds/clearing house is supposed to work with USI "unique superfund" (ABN+ 3 numbers i think) numbers, however some still work with the SPIN numbers i.e STA100AU, 

You will only need bank details for a self managed fund SMSF.

The NAB did have issued originally uploading from Reckon, it was using the SPIN numbers still except for MLC which was using the USI number.  It was NAB end, not sure if it is fixed yet and they have switched over to the USI numbers.
  • Amanda Barrow-Scott
    Amanda Barrow-Scott Member Posts: 11
    edited June 2015
    Options
    We purchased Reckon Superstream last year only to discover not all superfunds are able to be linked to the Reckon software, so we now use the Sunsuper Clearing House
  • Reckon FAQs
    Reckon FAQs Reckon Staff Posts: 357 Reckon Staff
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hi Kelly,

I'd like to confirm Kim's comment that the Clearing House does source each APRA Fund's bank details from the USI.  For SMSFs you will need to provide the bank details.

So for APRA Funds the bank details can be left blank.

For more details on the Reckon Accounts Super Export File see the Community discussion at: Super Data Export.

There was some confusion with the use of SPIN and USI in the early days (do be careful some funds do have their old SPIN numbers as USI numbers now  - if in doubt, check with the SuperFund's website or their Customer Service) but they have been ironed out and NAB accepts only USI now.

And Amanda, yes the Super Export File is configured for NAB's SuperPay requirements, which may or may not be acceptable to other Clearing Houses.  The Tax Table Update (and Payroll Premier 2015/16) due out at the end of this month will have a second format for the export file - the SAFF format that is used by the ATO Small Business SuperStream Clearing House and that has become the "default format" for SuperStream, and accepted by most Clearing Houses.

Hope this clarifies the situation.

regards,
    John

• Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Yaaaayyyy, thanks John, a lot of my clients are on ATO small business clearing  house.