Share Price Download Issues July 16th 2015

MirkoMirko Alumni Posts: 2,601 ✭✭
edited June 2018 in Accounts Personal Range
Thank you so much for your patience during this ongoing matter.

The issue which has been located on the ASX side of things is still ongoing. The ASX tech team are currently working on this matter. I will post an update for you all, as soon as the issue is resolved.

In the meantime, please see the below link to obtain import files for the last few days of share prices. This page will also run through the steps for how a import is performed.

http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=5317

A link will be provided later in the day for yesterdays share trade (14/07).

This thread has been opened to provide updates and not for discussion - discussion will continue in the ongoing thread.

Thank you all for you understanding and patience during the matter.

Comments

• MirkoMirko Alumni Posts: 2,601 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Hi all, Still no update as of yet from the ASX. I do have the links promised for yesterday's prices. http://downloads.reckon.com.au/20150714.csv http://downloads.reckon.com.au/20150714options.csv Cheers, Mirko
  • John CampbellJohn Campbell Member Posts: 265
    edited February 2017

Mirko,

Why can't Reckon put in a little effort so that the .csv files you provide are in a format that is compatible with QPP ?

I reviewed teh download for 10th July in the link you indicated above.

Apart from providing a lot of rubbish (4,269 records for 10th July which are not 10th July), you have provided a .csv file which has code, closing price, date and volume (1,582 records for 10th July).

I was not aware that this format could be read by QPP. ( Please let me know if I am wrong!)

• The date has not been converted from yyyymmdd to dd/mm/yyyy

• volumes are not divided by 100

• This info order is not documented as a valid .csv format for QPP

However, it should have been an easy update for Reckon to provide a useful .csv file in the format :

"share,Close,,Date,,High,Low,volume,"
    amc,7.35,---,24/02/2006,---,7.46,7.32,63712,*

This would make it much easier for your QPP 2015 clients to obtain the info you have not provided automatically, while all the other sites that provide this info have not reported any problem providing the info.

The following link shows how easy it could be for the valid data.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o7owjuxpwg6gz7r/20150710_better.csv?dl=0

John

edited November 2015
    Dave, our technicians are liaising with ASX technicians to resolve this issue.

edited November 2015
    Thanks for your feedback John. I'll get this across to the Personal Product Manager to review.
    edited November 2016

I just wonder what your statement "get this across to the Personal Product Manager" really means. Would you use a wigi board ?

edited November 2015
    Nothing as scary as a Ouija board. Simply sending a link to this conversation for them to go over. :)

edited November 2016
    Sorry about the incorrect spelling. Google actually showed wigi board examples. You can't always believe what you find on the internet !!
    edited November 2015
    I would have spelt it the same John. If it wasn't from all the silly 1990s movies I've seen with those boards in them!
    edited November 2015
    Thank you for your patience in regards to the issue with the Share Price download and we apologize for any inconvenience the issue may have caused.

Our development team is continuing to work with the ASX Technical Support Team to determine the cause of the issue and to then find a resolution.

We are investigating ways to ensure this type of issue doesn’t occur again in the future.

We’ll continue to keep you updated on this issue via the Community and will continue to provide end of day files for manual import into Reckon Account’s Personal via the Knowledge Browser until the issue is resolved.

edited November 2015
    Update 16th July: the share price files for July 15, have been added to the above KB link.
  • RmonsRmons Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2015
    any advice on when this problem will be resolved? ..... its the main reason I use (and regularly upgrade!!) this package
    edited June 2017

Mirko,

Sample taken from 20150714.csv
    88E   ,00000.013,20150714,1463982
    8CO   ,000000.24,20150706,0
    8IH   ,000000.89,20150714,51000
    AMP   ,000006.29,20150714,8062694
    OZLSWR,000000000,0,0
    OZLSZB,000000.38,20150630,0

Could you please provide answers as to how the above sample taken from 20150714.csv is read by QPP, especially:

• Is this .csv file structure supported by QPP ?

• I assume the field structure is: "Code,Close,yyyymmdd,volume,"

• Code appears to be a 6 character field

• Price appears to be a 9 character field and has leading zeros, assumed closing price

• Date is typically a 8 character yyyymmdd field or can be omitted. Is this recognised?

• Volume appears to NOT be divided by 100, as per previous formats.

Your notes indicate that a default date should be provided, so what happens for example with 20150706,0 above ? Are they all replaced by the default date ?

It would be a help to understand what .csv formats are supported by QPP as the format that I have been using; "Code,Close,---,Date,---,High,Low,Volume,*" does have known problems with reading volume.

It would be helpful to us users to know if other formats are available to solve this problem.

John

• Suzanne HarveySuzanne Harvey Member Posts: 28
    edited July 2015

I have just downloaded the files and they all worked for me.  thank you.

BUT this should never have happened that we have to do this, if your technicians were smarter they would have had this fixed on 11-7-15, not still trying to fix it 5 days later...

I guess we will all have to come back to that thread for the update for EOD data for 16-7-15 too.

If Reckon cared about their customers this would have been fixed within 24 hours.  You are supposedly a world wide company now, therefore; they should learn to respect their customers, who after all are the ones that keep them employed and at least email every customer advising of the problem and what they are doing to fix it and when the fix is done. 

Could you image a bank not being able to fix something within a few hours.  Reckon should be able to fix things within a few hours too.

edited November 2015
    Hi Suzanne, thank you for your post. The issue at hand was being investigated with the ASX. It affected a few providers - our technicians are still liaising with the ASX technicians to put a permanent fix in place. ^Mirko
    edited June 2017
    Update: Thank you all for your patience in this matter. The cause of the share price issue has been determined. Work has now commenced on a fix. At this point in time we cannot confirm an ETA. Further updates to come as they arrive.
  • ArchieArchie Member Posts: 54
    edited July 2015
    Mirko, Would you please request that the format of the DATE field in the price download files be changed to "16-Jul-15" or to "17/07/2015".

This is easily done and will save many users a great deal of angst.

I tested both formats 5 minutes ago and they work.  I use either of these formats to import historical price data every time I add a new Security. 

edited November 2015

Hi John, I've raised this with our developers. They've advised that we have a manual process that converts the data downloaded from the ASX into a format that can be imported to RAP.

There is more than format which can be used (like the one you mentioned), but the CSV we are manually creating is aligned to the a format which works and can be imported.

We don't have any documentation on what other File Formats he could use to import into RAP.
  • Paula StoyichPaula Stoyich Member Posts: 26
    edited July 2015
    Hi Suzanne, glad it worked for you, I am probably not as savvy as you and could not get it to work. Agree Quicken/Reckon is not looking after their customers very well.

• Paula StoyichPaula Stoyich Member Posts: 26
    edited July 2015
    Hopefully when it eventually does work, it will give us the historical prices as well.
  • Narky OneNarky One Member Posts: 69
    edited December 2016
    Hasn't given historical prices in the past (that's sorta why they are giving the downloadable .csv for each day). Would be a very good idea though. Please, Reckon.
  • George CarnieGeorge Carnie Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2015
    Having been a Quicken/RA user for over 20 years I am more than a little annoyed that I have only just realised that the stock price downloads have not been occurring for me since July 6. As a user for 20 years, I should not be surprised that Reckon have been silent on this problem as customer service has never been one of their strengths.

Why were we not advised by email that this problem existed. You have no trouble finding my email when the annual bill is prepared!!

When is the fix coming and it better be able to recover pricing from July 7 onwards otherwise iBank may well get my business (I am also a user of Quickbooks for my business).
  • jkpjkp Member Posts: 14
    edited October 2016
    I have not had downloads since 9 July. I agree Reckon are a joke and treat their customers like dirt
  • Suzanne HarveySuzanne Harvey Member Posts: 28
    edited July 2015
    When will the download for today be available?
  • Tony GrimaTony Grima Member Posts: 8
    edited December 2016

still waiting on a response re todays price download 16th July,

• Stephen GledhillStephen Gledhill Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2015
    In terms of ETA are you talking hours, days or weeks?
    edited November 2015
    UPDATE:
    11am AEST Friday 17th July

We are still continuing to have problems communicating with the ASX Server. Please be assured this issue is priority number one and further updates to come throughout the day. Our technicians continue to liaise with those from the ASX in an effort to resolve this issue, and restore the share price downloads as soon as possible. We thank you for your ongoing understanding and patience in this matter.

Share prices for the 16th can be found here: * The KB which holds all the previous days prices will also updated to include these shortly.
  • Boo HooBoo Hoo Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2015
    It is hard to understand how this problem with the updating of share prices can be continuing a week after first being identified by customers. Shame on you RKN. What a dreadful service you provide to your customers. For all of you suffering, I want to tell you about an iPad/iPhone app I have been using for 6 months or so, which has proved to be 100% reliable. I know there is a lot of choice out there, but this one is called Stock Tracker Real-Time, developed by W Tang. It costs less than $20, provides real time pricing, you can enter portfolios, and it will graph and send alerts. I have it on both my iPad and iPhone. It doesn’t replace RKN functionality of course, but if you want reliable, real-time monitoring of your international portfolio, this app brilliantly reveals just how deficient the RKN service actually is.

• DavidDavid Member Posts: 8
    edited July 2015
    For some reason (and I have used the previous files) this one is throwing me an error message that it is unreadable, and won't load into QPP. I tried changing the file name date fomat to suit the previous files, but it still didn't work ????
This discussion has been closed.