Taxable Payments Annual Report error

Karen_7662872
Karen_7662872 Member Posts: 6
edited April 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Hi, I am unable to upload my Taxable Payments Report using the online facility for the Taxation Department. Even though I have used this in previous years, I get the following error messages: TEST FAILED FILE CONTENT VALIDATION REPORT Your File Tax Payments was received by the Australian Taxation Office. Your file has FAILED FILE CONTENT TEST. The errors found are listed below. Please correct the errors, then re-test the file before lodging. Your file contained warnings because some of the fields contained data that may not be correct or data was missing. These are displayed as 'warnings' in the Summary and Detail of Warnings sections below. We recommend you review the warnings to check that the information reported is correct and complete. If any of these fields need to be corrected you will need to amend the records, then re-test the file before lodging. ================================================================================ Validation status: Test failed Document name: Tax Payments ATO Reference number: 2510831079178 Supplier ABN: XXXXXXXX Supplier name: XXXXXXXXXXXX File type: Taxable payments annual report (TPAR) Specification Version Number: 1.0 Type of report: C Run type: P Total record count: 21 Total number of errors: 3 Date/Time file received: 27/07/2015 15:19:04 File size (bytes): 18304 ================================================================================ Reporting Entity: ==================== Summary of Errors: ------------------ Reason Code: VR164 Total errors: 1 Please contact your software developer. File validation abandoned due to file structure error. Reason Code: VR58 Total errors: 1 Please contact your software developer. The Record Identifier in File Total Data Record must contain 'FILE-TOTAL'. Reason Code: VR73 Total errors: 1 Please contact your software developer. This record and any subsequent records will be ignored during file validation until we find a valid sequence of records. The Identifier must be in this sequence: 'IDENTREGISTER1', 'IDENTREGISTER2', 'IDENTREGISTER3', 'IDENTITY', 'SOFTWARE', 'DPAIVS', or 'FILE-TOTAL'. Detail of Errors: ----------------- Reason Record Record Reporting Field Name Field Data Code: No. Type Reference VR164 0 VR58 22 File Total Data Record VR73 0 =================================END OF REPORT================================= Any ideas anyone?

Comments

• Wilma van Eyk
    Wilma van Eyk Member Posts: 15
    edited July 2015
    Hi Karen  What version of accounts are you using?
    Maybe try rebuilding the file. 
    All of mine have gone through so far with no issues like yours are.  Cheers Wilma

• Karen_7662872
    edited July 2015
    Hi. I've tried verifying and rebuilding, but no luck!
  • Karen_7662872
    edited July 2015
    I'm running Reckon Accounts Hosted 2015
  • Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Hi Karen

Go straight to Tech support with the report printout
  • Kim J
    Kim J Member Posts: 6
    edited August 2015
    Hi Karen,
    How did you go with this?  I am having the same problem.
  • Karen_7662872
    edited August 2015
    Hi. I fixed it in the end with a lot of trial and error. The technician was great! You need to run your report in Reckon, then select only few suppliers at a time(depending on how many suppliers on your report). I did 10 at a time. Try to upload those to the ATO so that you are narrowing down where the error is. Mine was simply an additional space in an address. You need to take out all common, full stops and '&' characters. Have the names and address very plain and simple with only one space between words and postcodes. You just need to keep selecting a few suppliers at a time to narrow down where the mistake is. If you need more help, just ask. Cheers Karen