Supplier Balance Detail Report Issue

Austin Murphy
Austin Murphy Member Posts: 3
edited September 2018 in Accounts Hosted
Hi,

My client is having issues with the supplier balance detail report.

They want to ensure the report not only shows the total of the bills owed to each supplier, but also the breakdown of expenses by class. Basically the report shows all the information the client wants, however the expenses are shown net of GST, the client would like them to include GST.

When I change the tax basis of the report from "net" to "gross", the breakdowns of expenses disappear from the respective supplier and appear under a heading titled "No Name".

Is anyone able to assist as to why this may occur?

Thanks,

Austin Murphy

Comments

• Kathy Mackinlay_6947388
    Kathy Mackinlay_6947388 Member Posts: 141
    edited June 2016
    Don't know if it right but would it be because the GST is not actually charged to the expense but rather separated to a gst account?
  • Austin Murphy
    edited July 2015
    Thanks for the response Kathy, and I understand what you are saying. But the gross amount of the expense goes to this "no name" supplier, not just the GST portion. If it was just the GST portion it would make so much sense!
  • Babi
    Babi Alumni Posts: 75
    edited June 2016
    Hello Austin,

Thank you for your query.

May I please ask for the screenshot of the report? Could you please attach the image to show " No Name" on the report? or two images, one for net and other for gross would be good.

Also in the mean time, can I also ask you to do a verify and rebuild to a file and make sure it detects no issues on file, then we can check report again.

Please let me know how you go and I will get back to you again.

Kind regards,

Babi

• Graham Boast
    Graham Boast Accredited Partner Posts: 331 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2017
    Hi Austin The journal for a $550 bill would be CR Accounts Payable 550 DR Expense 500 DR Tax Payable 50 CLASSNAME The supplier balance detail report gathers its information from the Accounts Payable account, and this line of the transaction does not have the class recorded against it, so it is not really possible to separate Accounts Payable amount into classes. If you really need to separate the Accounts Payable into classes, you will need to set up an Accounts Payable account for each class. Once you have more than 1 Accounts Payable, you will get a dropdown on the bill and can swap between accounts. This will also mean that you will loose the ability to generate a single cheque to pay for bills of different classes . Graham Boast 0409317366 Reckon Accredited Consultant graham@reckonhelp.com.au

Graham Boast | 0409 317366 | graham@reckonhelp.com.au

• Austin Murphy
    edited August 2015

Hi Babi,

First one - report in gross figures.

Second one: report net figures?

Third one: showing "No Name" supplier

?

Look forward to your response.

Thanks,

Austin Murphy?