payment summaries

Options
Kay Copley
Kay Copley Member Posts: 4
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
I changed the bank account I pay wages from mid last financial year and now the payment summaries for my employees only print the summary of wages paid from the original bank account.

Comments

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Hi Kay.  This does sound as if it is a very peculiar problem.   In my experience there is likely to be a very simple explanation.  This has to do with the option that you have selected in each employees record for the distribution of pay slips.  I can only guess that when you began using the new bank account, you potentially also changed the delivery of pay slips from print to email. (Employee record, Personal Info Tab.  in the bottom right hand corner is the Preferred Send option.)  Ideally, you should set the option to both, which then gives you the option to either print or email.  I very much suspect that you have the option set to email, but when you are preparing the payment summaries, you are electing to print, rather than email, hence the reason that no employee record is printing for you, because you have not "allowed" for them to be printed.

My suggestion is to change the option to "both" for say three or four employees, and then try and print your payment summaries and see whether or not you get a different result.  I am pretty confident that you will.  John G
  • Kay Copley
    Kay Copley Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Thanks John, Both employees are set to both print and email.  The payment summaries are printing but one has dates of employment from Sept 2014 to March 2015 and the other from March to June 2015.  Both have pays in the system for similar periods of Sept 2014 to June 2015.  The only thing that changed was I started doing a scheduled pay run for 1 employee in the last quarter of last year.
  • John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Hi Kay.  This is really strange, in my experience.  The bank account should have no control over what the Payment Summary says.  If you run the report "Employees and Payroll / Payroll Summary" and set the date range from 1/7/2014 to 30/6/2015, and display columns by Employee, do you get the correct information for each employee?  From you you are implying, you are getting two Payment Summaries to agree with the info that is in the Report - is that correct?

There is only one other action I can suggest for you.  Have you ever done a Rebuild?  Irrespective of whether you have or haven't, I suggest that you run Rebuild, three times (File / Utilities / Rebuild Data), they try you Payments Summaries again, and see what happens.  More that once I have seen this Rebuild process fix up problems.  John G