How to link expenses on suppliers bills to customers invoices?

Options
CS01
CS01 Member Posts: 11
edited August 2016 in Accounts Hosted
Reckon Hosted.

My supplier invoices me to deliver goods to our customer, (entered in supplier bills) 
I then invoice the cost of delivery + mark up (if any) to our customer. 

How do i link these two transactions so i can see what still needs to be invoiced?
Is there a report to show the markup  charged (profit earnt) on the costs invoiced? 

Comments

• ARC BookKeeping
    ARC BookKeeping Member Posts: 168
    edited August 2015
    Options
    When you enter the bill/invoice choose 'receive items and enter bill' from your supplier... in the bottom half of the screen, where you choose which items you have recieved in..(or where you enter to which COA you are allocating this bill to,) at the right side of this you will see the option to allocate to a customer/job.

When you next invoice your customer, at the bottom of the invoice window you will see 'add time /cost',  in the expenses tab you choose the costs allocated from your suppliers bills, you can also add a mark up here. 

There is a report called 'unbilled costs by job' under 'reports' 'job, time, milage' which can help with this. I find it works for me... but others find the report lacking.

There are also other reports in this area, which show markups and profitability on customer jobs/ items.

regards
    Angie Carlyle?
  • CS01
    CS01 Member Posts: 11
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Thanks for your response Angie,

Also we charge some of our products as a total price ex. inclusive of freight. Is there a way to link it without adding a line with a value?