RA Hosted Login solution to consider to avoid Black Screen

gazza73
gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 802 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
edited March 2017 in Accounts Hosted
Customers are racing to the Community to mention they have a BLACK SCREEN  in RA Hosted.

Yes, there are a number of causes of this,  many of which we've assisted and solved for people who are suffering a bad LAN/WAN/COMMS or other  environment impact locally.

But there are a number of users that get into the situation where they need to use the suggested solution of 'logging out remote users' via Control Panel,  and of this group of affected people, I have seen first hand, a number of these occasions are due to the fact that the one set of credentials are still in use from a previous session or live at an alternative location.

SUGGESTION for deployment:

a) The user has the  intention of wanting to log in from their current location.
b)  If another session is running with such credentials, that needs to be ended anyway.
c)  SO:  as part of the HOSTED LOGIN process,  if the same credentials are in use - simply initiate a computer process of killing that session anyway (by the software, rather than have the user do it)

This would save time....

1.  the constant forgetfulness of logging out the prior session  OR
2.  In the more likely event that something caused an inability to log out,  then it is done for you.

Perhaps some feedback on any downside of this idea could be debated here, for the benefit of the Devt team.

PS:  We do remain amazed at the number of people creating new 'Black Screen" queries, when there are so many already in the search list, where the Control Panel solution is well advised.  But my suggestion is, that this procedure just gets automated rather than requiring manual initiation.

Gary Pope

An Accredited Partner- Consultant  (VIC. Aust)
http://www.alchester.com.au/reckon-accounts-clarified/
"Working with Accountants/Bookkeepers PPs/APs, as an
      independent IT Professional
 and retired FCPA Accountant

Comments

• Melinda Jane Koth
    Melinda Jane Koth Member Posts: 51 ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Gary thank you for your reponse. I had that problem this morning.   And I admit I didn't see the control panel resolution. Perhaps a question for Reckon would be "Why is the initial log in session hanging in the first place? "

• gazza73
    gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 802 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2016
    Very fair question......   For some,  it is due to communication timeouts, for instance,  and for others,  failure to actually log out.  But I know that is not all.    But there will be many reasons, and identifying and acknowledging each of these experiences will help find the causes that need addressing. If some can be logically addressed automatically - that would sieve out the remaining 'too hard to decipher' ones.

Gary