Validation of 2013 Personal Plus data file in 2016 Personal Plus uprade

Options
Grant_7915486
Grant_7915486 Member Posts: 9
I am trying to upgrade from Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2013 to the Personal Plus 2016 Upgrade.  As an initial step the instructions are to validate my 2013 data file.  When attempting to validate my data file it responds that it cannot find the file and appears to be looking for a file ending with .QDF.    My saved data file for the 2013 version ends in .rkn     and the validation process does not recognise this type of file.   I notice that the data files for the pre 2013 Reckon/quicken versions I was running had the data files type listed as "QDF data file".  The 2013 version shows the data file type as a "RKN file".    Has anyone who has updated to the 2016 Personal Plus version from the 2013 version  encountered this issue.   Does the Personal Plus 2016 recognise a "RKN file" type??  Can anyone help with this query???

Comments

• gazza73
    gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 803 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Grant,  

Leif is on the money here.  Looks like you have backup files rather than live files.  So  before restoring those 2013 backup files into real files,  you might like to put them into a different folder for experimenting with a recovery (RESTORE from .rkn in to  .qdf).

Gary
  • Grant_7915486
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Thanks Leif for this advice. I didn't realise there were the two ways to do backup. Previous to the 2013 version it had automatically backed up as a .QDF file.  in the 2013 version, after your advice I checked and identified the "box" was ticked for it to save as a RKN file.  I unticked and it automaticaly saved as a QDF. file and validated.  Have since updated to the 2016 Personal Accounts version and it worked well and I have verified the data and reports etc.    Only had one further problem  when I reopened for the first time I had the message that I was not allowed to run 2016 as the PC I was using was not licensed??  Called the service line (not $4/min) and they were able to give me a new code which then allowed for the 2016 version to open.  Thanks again for the advice.  

Regards
    Grant
  • Grant_7915486
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Thanks Gary for your comments.  See my comments to Leif. I have now successfully upgraded to Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2016.  

Regards
    Grant