Welcome to the brand new Reckon Community!

For some tips on getting started check out the 'About Reckon Community' section

Emailing invoices

Simon SmithSimon Smith Member Posts: 7
edited August 2019 in Accounts Hosted
I send invoices and the end up in peoples spam. this is not good for business, please how do I change setting to have invoices and quote/estimates sent from my email rather that the accounts hosted server

Comments

• Simon SmithSimon Smith Member Posts: 7
    edited March 2017
    Reckon hosted
  • RavRav Administrator Posts: 10,726 Administrator
    edited December 2016
    Hi Simon,

This article has some info that might help -
    http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=4676

Cheers
    Rav
  • A Balancing ActA Balancing Act Member Posts: 99
    edited August 2019
    Here's what I do, and it works almost every time.  Click the refresh or reload button.  When it asks if you want to reload this page, click NO.  It seems to kick the page back into action.

• A Balancing ActA Balancing Act Member Posts: 99
    edited December 2016
    Oops, you are correct, thanks Andrew, I'll find the question I wanted to answer !
  • WendyWendy Member Posts: 35
    edited November 2016
    The article referred to here says it's not possible to send the invoice/email from your own email address, what I don't understand is why it is possible to send other emails from Hosted and have it come from your own email address. Main example is payslips, but also when emailing a report. .
  • Reckon FAQsReckon FAQs Reckon Staff Posts: 703 ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Hi Wendy,

Thanks for asking.

Although the sending forms show your email address, that email address is ignored and is sent via [email protected]

We will be upgrading the emailing system later this year which will show your email address as the sending address.  

regards,
    John

• support@colmel.com.au[email protected] Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2016
    How far away is "later this year".  I don't suppose it's part of the 2016 upgrade?  I have a client who is getting quite frustrated with this issue.  Should I advise him to wait a little longer?  If so, how long?  Thanks
  • Kaitlyn1798Kaitlyn1798 Member Posts: 32
    edited December 2016
    I would love to see the Invoice Number in the subject field. We can only hope . ?
  • Cameron FowlesCameron Fowles Member Posts: 5
    edited December 2016
    Two months ago, another user asked...
    "How far away is "later this year".  I don't suppose it's part of the 2016 upgrade?  I have a client who is getting quite frustrated with this issue.  Should I advise him to wait a little longer?  If so, how long?  Thanks"
    There was no response to this question and it's something that I've been asked ever since we moved to Accounts Hosted.

Can we please get some sort of an ETA on this being fixed?
  • RavRav Administrator Posts: 10,726 Administrator
    edited December 2016
    Hi Cameron,

Unfortunately I don't have any further word on this as yet but will check in on the current situation.

I'll need to come back to you next week on this.

Thanks
    Rav
  • Viv AViv A Member Posts: 109
    edited October 2018
    Yes ! We need the invoice, order and estimate number in the Subject Field... when customers reply to accept one of multiple estimates - it's not clear what they are actually accepting !!

I have loads of quotes end up in customers' Junk or Spam folder... others are looking for mail from my business - and ignore the reckon items  :(   When I try to explain to customers that it's the accounting package, I am sure they think we have gone and used a cheap **** program ... ???
  • Viv AViv A Member Posts: 109
    edited December 2016
    Hmmm no answer ... but another price increase was announced today.  More money for what??  
  • WendyWendy Member Posts: 35
    edited December 2016
    Because of these problems with emailing invoices I have stopped using the direct email feature .. instead I have to save the invoice out and then email it separately - seems a bit backward to have to do this when the feature partly exists. How much longer until we get this feature fixed? 
  • edited April 2017
    Wendy, I now send all invoices to myself and forward from my own email... it's the only way that I can be sure the email goes through....