GST Issue causing a journal not to save

Options
Wendy Gibb
Wendy Gibb Member Posts: 14
edited July 2019 in Reckon One

Hi

I am having an issue with the GST on a journal entry.  When I go to save it the journal the following error message comes up:

I have encountered this problem before but the GST figures in the error message are usually different.  I have tried splitting the fuel expense in a variety of ways but I just cant seem to get past this error.  Any thoughts?

Thanks

Wendy

Comments

• gazza73
    gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 803 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Wendy

A couple of observations.  Concerned that the DRAWINGS line is not showing "FRE" of gst.
    Seems the total line showing the assumption of gst being included in the overall total,  is a clue of something else not right here.

Also, watch that date it is in the future.

The 15% calculation on the INCLUDED figure,  had to be rounded up from $439.2795  to arrive at the $439.28.     Do you have the same issue if the 15% calculation came out as a whole amount of dollars and cents.  IE:  just to test this, make the gross inclusive figure say  $3335  which would make the internal calculation of the GST a very nice round  $435.  Does that impact the ability to save the Journal?

Cheers

Gary Pope
    m: 0408994799 
    e:  gaz@alchester.com.au
    An Accredited Partner- Consultant (VIC. Aust)
    http://www.alchester.com.au/reckon-ac...
    "Working with Accountants/Bookkeepers PPs/APs, as an
         independent IT Professional and retired FCPA Accountant"

• Scott_6428906
    Scott_6428906 Reckon Staff Posts: 75 Reckon Staff
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Hi Wendy,

For now the work around is to save this journal using the GST Exclusive (net) format instead of the GST Inclusive (gross) format.

I've included an example below.

The Reckon One team are aware of this GST Inclusive (gross) validation issue for certain values & will look to implement a fix for this in an upcoming update.

Cheers,
    Scott.
  • gazza73
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Scott.  curious about the bottom line showing total GST still containing a portion of that 'drawings' amount too - should that not be 'FRE'  rather than <blank> (selected by the user)....      Gary
  • Scott_6428906
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Hi Gary,

I'm not quite sure that I completely follow what you are saying.

From what I can tell, Wendy is an NZ user judging by the 15% tax values. FRE is not an NZ tax code.

Cheers,
    Scott.
  • gazza73
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Sorry, Scott (my Ozzie ways!).    Ecuse me if this is going off track  as an observation.....

Wouldn't drawings be zero or exempt classification?   This is really a Tax Agent question, I appreciate,  but the screenshots seem to lack the $GST  amout on that 'drawings line, which leave the page failing to show hopw the total was arrived at,  or there is some 'assumption that the GST amount is the difference between the 'fuel' item and the 'total' line.    It would look nicer if it was at least one of those two, rather than the present appearance of no tax code at all,   and/or a missing tax amount in question.  It was more an observation than anything else.      IN Oz, where there are goods being acquired personally, then no claim of any GST is possible, and so the GROSS amount passes to the loan/drawings account.   Anyway - that's compliance/agent matters for discussion - I'm more concerned with the 'appearance' so that it is clearer for the user to see.

Cheers

Gary
  • Scott_6428906
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Yes tax advice is not my forte, that would be a question best asked to someone certified.

When a zero percent tax code is used, the line will show a $0.00 tax amount. I believe the same applies to Reckon Accounts when using no tax code (blank tax amount) vs a zero percent tax code (zero tax amount).

Cheers,
    Scott.
  • Scott_6428906
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Hi Wendy,

This issue is now fixed.

Regards,
    Scott.