Why is there a 'difference' when I reconcile?

Options
Debbie Groom
Debbie Groom Member Posts: 7
edited April 2020 in Accounts Hosted
I am trying to reconcile however I keep ending up with a large "difference". The "opening balance", "closing balance", "deposits" and "withdrawals" exactly match what's on my statement. I am using ?Reckon Accounts 2015 R2. ?Thanks in advance. 

Comments

• Annette_8052353
    Annette_8052353 Member Posts: 21
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Have you checked if the opening / closing balance should be a negative?
  • Debbie Groom
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hi Annette, the opening and closing balance is correct as per the statement. Everything matches exactly.
  • Charley
    Charley Member Posts: 542 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Have you ticked them all, I know I'm asking the obvious but sometimes people forget :-)
  • Debbie Groom
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Yes I have ticked everything that is on the statement and checked 3 times
  • Kathy_8028595
    Kathy_8028595 Member Posts: 21
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Hi Debbie,  I would untick them all, start from the beginning and hopefully you don't have too many entries.  I always use the leave button and reconcile banks every couple of day,  that marks off all debits and credits on your register each time until you are ready to reconcile at the end of the month, so therefore it is not such a big job.
    Thanks,
    Kathy Magill
  • Debbie Groom
    edited February 2016
    Options
    yes, we have started from scratch twice already and still have the same problem
  • Annette_8052353
    Annette_8052353 Member Posts: 21
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Try clearing your reconciled entries then tick the first one on the bank statement,  Check your "cleared balance" line is the same as the bank statement balance. This will tell you that when you have printed out your statement transactions you have them from the correct date. Sometimes you may not start the search at the last reconciled date or not print out the second page.

• Debbie Groom
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Great, def worth a try will give that a go.
  • Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Hi Debbie
    How did it go, did you get it fixed.
  • Debbie Groom
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Still no luck, does anybody know what "Difference" amount bottom rhs actually relates to  when you have ticked and marked everything to match the statement?  I always thought this had to be 0.00 to reconcile.
  • Charley
    Charley Member Posts: 542 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Options

Debbie, there seems to be a number of little problems happening in the last couple of days; employees disappearing in payroll but there in employee list; can't close Company file; can't see most recent version of some files and my bloody number pad won't work on Reckon, the / * - + all work but not the numbers or the . (works here though) so I'm having to use the numbers at the top of the keyboard.

Ring Tech help, it seems you've done everything right so it must be something else

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,389 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi Debbie,
    Can you please give our Support team a call so we can take a closer look at what's happening here.

Thank you
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Debbie Groom
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hi Rav, we think we have it - it looks like differences between debits and credits not having the minus in front of the end balance.  Will go back a few and delete and start again.