Payslips

Liz  Bushell
Liz Bushell Member Posts: 5
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted

I have paid workers holiday, sick leave, etc over the year and now on every payslip all these items pop up with a nil. How do I get did of them to just show what is being paid for the week, eg basic wage and travel allowance. One pay slip takes two pages because holiday, sick leave, public holiday, overtime 1.5, overtime 2.0, personal day all show up.

Comments

• Liz  Bushell
    edited February 2016

I still use holiday pay, sick leave etc, but not every week. It doesn't appear when I am doing their payslips, only when I print them out... everything shows up. Surely if Im not paying holiday pay or overtime on a particular week, it shouldn't show up on their pay slip.

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Liz.  Because pay slips are a record for the current year, they are likely to include every pay item which has been used for the current year.  So, whilst there might not be anything applicable for the current pay, that item still needs to record what has happened so far this year.  Are you saying that the year to date figure is NIL and yet still appearing?  You must have a huge number of payroll items for each staff member to cause, in some cases, a pay slip to go to two pages.  Is it possible to rationalise the number of items that you use?  
    It shouldn't matter how many items that you have in the employee's record, they should only be printing on the pay slip if they have been active in the current year - well that is certainly my experience.
    Like Narelle, I have designed my own pay slip which looks nothing like the Reckon standard one.  
    John L G
  • Liz  Bushell
    edited July 2020
    NO I don't not have a lot of payroll items, the usual ones that I assume every employer has... Holiday, holiday loading, sick, personal days, overtime 1.5, overtime 2.0, public holiday, travel allowance and these things to have to get paid throughout the year, but they appear on all payslips with a NIL figure. I just don't understand why this appears every week, I have a friend who uses another programme and she doesn't not have this come up on her employees pay slips. I had a accountant from Reckons suggested list come to help out and she had no idea why these were appearing every week.
  • Liz  Bushell
    edited February 2016
    And I have also designed my own pay slip, so Im not completely out of the the loop with this, I have been doing it for some time
  • John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Liz, you haven't answered the one important question yet - are there items appearing on your pay slips which have a NIL amount for Year to Date?
    By the way, this could be important.  You haven't mentioned which operating system you are using.
    John L G
  • Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Hi Liz

I am presuming you mean on the main body of the payslip for each week and  not YTD.

If you don't want Leave, public hols, sick etc showing up each week as nil, then you can edit the employee pay so only normal hrs appear each week, then when you need to add something you can do so by clicking the next line, but when you save the pay it will ask... 'do you want to add Public hols. to the standard pay".... and you say NO..... so next week that employees pay only comes up with normal hours.

Employee>edit> change tabs: (payroll & compensation) > under the payroll info Earnings & additions set up what you want on that employees normal payslip.

As I said if you need something one off just add it at the time you are creating the pay.

Also as other suggest, change font and customise payslip as there should only be one page.

• Liz  Bushell
    edited February 2016

Hi Kim.. Ive done what you said and answered NO went it asks... it doesn't come up when doing weekly pays, but will always come up on printed payslip. I thought I would have had the option to get a YTD on a summary, but it is coming up every payslip, until new financial year begins then it all disappears to I add holidays etc

• Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    can you send a snapshot or email me

You will always get the YTD everypayslip for the whole financial year if they have even on entry for one week.

You can turn off what prints on the payslip, but by law you have to print the employee leave entitlements etc on every payslip, as well  as super.

Kim: 0429 305300   Kim@kwikbooks.com.au