How many new supplier need to be created for employee's super?

Hans_8104455
Hans_8104455 Member Posts: 5
edited October 2017 in Accounts Hosted
Hello, this is my first time try to export the super data from Reckon then lodge it into NAB clearing house. I understand a new supplier need to be created and the related super should be added into the payroll list. It confused me that how many new supplier should I create? 

I made a phone call for Reckon technical assistance and I was told that I only need to create the super fund chosen by employee. For example, if 5 employees chose the same super fund, I only need to create one and put the super fund BSB and Account Number in the supplier bank details since they should be the same as one super fund. But later I found out only BSB is same. Account numbers are completely different even they chose the same fund. That's how the super fund identify each member of them I think. And for most super fund, I guess the account number of the employee would be the member number of him/her, which means I may have to create 100 new suppliers if there are 100 employees. Unfortunately, they are more than 100 in this season. Please help me about these questions:

1. Do I have to create 100 new suppliers if there are 100 employees?
2. "Account Name" of the supplier bank details means the name of the super fund or the employee?
3. Is the "Account Number" same as " Member Number" in most cases?

Thank you so much!
Hans

imageimage

Comments

• Kim Chapman - COS Business Solutions
    Kim Chapman - COS Business Solutions Accredited Partner Posts: 204 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited October 2017

Hi Hans

I am unsure of the NAB Clearing house.  But my understanding with the others is: If you look at the picture:  Super Details for : Ahmadi - this is where all of the Employees Superfund information is.  Note:  this all comes from the Employees information they provide you.  Starting from the top:

Each employee has a member number. 

Each super fund has their own Fund Name, USI and Fund Scheme:  http://superfundlookup.gov.au/SearchByAbn.aspx?abn=62653671394

From the USI, the Clearing house is able to find all the information - just be sure to get the correct one.

As for Supplier - Only one is required, eg.  NAB Clearing House.

The Super Item - we were advised prior to the implementation of the  Super Data Export to have a unique Super Item for each Superfund ie.  Sunsuper, Austsafe, MLC etc.  So perhaps this step is necessary for NAB Clearing House. 

Hope this answers your Question.

Kind Regards

Kim Chapman

Reckon Accredited Consultant

• Hans_8104455
    edited March 2016
    Hi Kim, thank you for the quick reply. Actually the "Supplier" here is supposed to be the "Super Fund" chose by employees like showed in the first picture rather than any clearing house. That's where we need to put the BSB and account number into so the clearing house knows where they should send the money to. Since every employee got a different account number, it seems a "supplier" to the employee needs to be created so that his/her BSB and account number could be put into. I wonder if there is any better way rather than adding 100 new suppliers by my own. Thanks. 
    Kim Chapman - COS Business Solutions Accredited Partner Posts: 204 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2016

Hello Hans

Please reread my last comment.  The Supplier does not go in the Super Fund line, it has no link to the Supplier List.  And the USI.  You do not pay directly to the employees bank, it is paid to the superfund Clearing house and they disperse the funds.

If you would prefer to setup 100 different suppliers, that's your choice.  Best of Luck with that.

Regards

Kim Chapman

Reckon Accredited Consultant

www.chapmanofficeservices.com

edited December 2016

Hans I should have mentioned the Supplier is only linked to the Super "Item"  this is totally different to the screen I was directing you to.

• Hans_8104455
    edited March 2016
    Hello kim, thanks for your help. Perhaps I just don't get it. If we don't put the BSB and account in the supplier page, they will be empty on super data report like the picture. Do you think I can leave it empty there and just put the member number into employee's super details form? image
    edited December 2016

The BSB and Account I think you will find is only for direct payments to the super fund.  As you are paying through a Clearing house they require the USI (Unique Super Identifier - this gives the Clearing house the information they require on the Superfund), you also need the member number. 

When you setup a Payroll Item (Super) - this is where the supplier gets linked to.  But the logic of creating a Supplier for each employee and then you would also have to have a payroll item for each employee, this sounds unrealistic to me.

I am not sure why the Super Data Export report show this but I just checked on one lodged with QuickSuper the other day and the BSB and Account numbers were blank.  Yet I still had a successful lodgement, which has been confirmed by the fund.

I don't think Technical Support fully understood your question.  I hope this helps.

Kind Regards

Kim Chapman

• Hans_8104455
    edited March 2016
    Hi Kim, you got the point and this really helps a lot. I think you are right that the system won't expect me to create numbers of payroll items. Since you had successfully lodged it without BSB and account number in supplier page, I will try to lodge it this way as well. Peace of mind finally. Thank you so much! 
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Hi Hans,

We have a video guide to SuperStream setup for Reckon Accounts here.

A written guide is available in this article.

Hope these clarify the processes required.

regards,
    John

• Hans_8104455
    edited March 2016
    Hi John,

Thank you for sharing the information. They are really helpful.

Regards,
    Hans