Can't find shares in a search of ASX from PP 2016

Options
John_8305976
John_8305976 Member Posts: 2
I am using Reckon Accounts PP 2016. I want to add a couple more securities (stock) to my share portfolio, but am unable to find them using the search function. I know they exist as fully paid ordinary share stocks on the ASX, but they don't show in the search. The shares are South32 Limited (S32) and Magnetite Mines (MGT). How can I add them to my portfolio?

Comments

• Kel Luke
    Kel Luke Member Posts: 32
    edited February 2017
    Options
    John,

Just go to Tools/Account List/Manage Accounts/Add account then under Type of Account select Brokerage and then fill in ASX code etc.  Ther may be other ways but this works for me.

Regards, Kel Luke
  • gazza73
    gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 803 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    Options
    John

Not sure if you have been looking at the other community articles in past 4 weeks.  Even if you don't deal in US stocks,  there was a qwutil.dll  new release file that was needed to get over US downloads,  which in turn, may have been blocking AUS downloads.  That same 'download'  capability, I suspect, is also part of the way the program looks up Ticket codes which is what YOU want to do.  So search for qwutil  articles to upgrade that aspect.

see tail end of this article with notes from RAV:

https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/why-have-us-share-prices-stopped-updating-on-personal-plu...

The other aspect that plagues some users (very few)  is that they have other anti-malware/firewall programs that sometimes block the access needed to 'some' websites - such as the LOOKUP sites you seek.

Check those aspects and come back here with your status.

Gary

• John_8305976
    John_8305976 Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Many thanks to all three respondees on my query.
    Gary, I did see the community article regarding the replacement of the qwutil.dll file, which I duly did, but it did not solve my problem.
    However, Leif, I followed your instructions per above, and they worked perfectly! I'm now a very happy man!
    Cheers JC