Currently there are delays with STP submissions being processed due to a ATO system issue. Submissions are currently queued and will be sent for processing once we've received confirmation the ATO have resolved their issue.

How to change employee status from Contractor to permanent employee

Suella Kennedy
Suella Kennedy Member Posts: 1
edited August 2018 in Payroll Premier
Employee has changed status from contractor to permanent employee. I cannot change "Contractor" status and as such his PAYG Payment Summary is being created under business and personal services income instead of individual non business.


  • Luke
    Luke Moderator, Reckon Staff Posts: 222 Moderator
    edited August 2018
    Hi Suella,

    Welcome to the Reckon Community!

    Please see an extract from our help menu regarding this:
    If the employee has been set up as a contractor, you cannot change the status to employee, nor can you change the status of an employee to contractor. You must terminate the employee and then create a new employee record with an employee status of permanent, part-time or casual.

    Apologies for any inconvenience caused.