Is anyone else getting disconnected from Reckon today?

Kylie AustinKylie Austin Member Posts: 15
edited May 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Using Reckon Accounts hosted 2017 and keep getting disconnected, two other people in this business are also finding this is happening. 
Starting to get very frustrating! 

Im guessing a number of users are upgrading from 2016 to 2017 and the servers are getting a little overwhelmed?

Comments

• RavRav Administrator Posts: 9,886 Administrator
    edited May 2017
    Hi guys,

Can you please attempt to login now and let me know if its persisting for you?
  • Clare QuartuccioClare Quartuccio Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2017
    I've also got a black screen
    edited May 2017
    Thanks for trying Maureen & Clare.

We've had a few reports of this but seems to be settling down in the last little while.

Can I get you to try again but this time end all active sessions within the Control Panel and then LOGOUT ?beforehand (If you didn't try that already)

Let me know

Cheers
    Rav
  • Clare QuartuccioClare Quartuccio Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2017
    Yep still a black screen

• SusanRSusanR Accredited Partner Posts: 43
    edited May 2017
    Hi Rav,  

I've followed your logout instructions and still a black screen.

Cheers, Sue
  • Stella CarrStella Carr Member Posts: 51
    edited May 2020
    Same here - no joy
  • Angela BrownAngela Brown Member Posts: 11
    edited May 2017
    Logged out properly.  Did the control panel thing, and still cant get in ( Brisbane)
  • Kate VerrallKate Verrall Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2017
    Did all the ending remote sessions, logging out, trying different browsers etc - still get a black screen. Has been like this for a couple of hours now. Lucky I have other work to do.
  • Karin ThompsonKarin Thompson Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2017
    Hi Rav,  its been 45 minutes - any update?
  • Shanna BlackmanShanna Blackman Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2017
    Hi Rav, I have been trying for the last hour. Still black screen.
  • Rachael HodgenRachael Hodgen Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2017
    Would this have anything to do with removing the New Zealand version today?  And why still no update or notification on the login screen? Thanks Reckon, I'll be pulling an all nighter now once it does come back up :(

• Robert LeeRobert Lee Member Posts: 12
    edited May 2017
    Rav, I havent seen anything about update to 2017 yet.. Should I be worried?

Robert
    edited May 2017
    Hi guys, really sorry it's taken me so long. I'm hoping to have an update for you shortly
    edited May 2017
    Hi guys,

Here's what I have from the team so far.

We believe the issue causing these black screens is isolated to one file server which the team are investigating. We do however, need as many cases as possible to be reported so that we can isolate this.

If you haven't already, can I please ask that you get in touch with our Support team so we can grab your session ID and details.
  • FelicityFelicity Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2017
    Been trying all day - black screen for me too :-(
  • Vince ProvenzanoVince Provenzano Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2017
    I have been trying all day as well, needed to process payroll and all i get is a black screen, come on reckon this is not we are paying for, there are people relying on there pays to be processed, a company of your size and for what you charge, this should not be happening at all, not good enough!!!!!!!!! i hope you don't get paid and then maybe you will see the gravity of it all........
    edited May 2017
    Get real Rav, you should only need one complaint to fix the problem, not a 1000, you can clearly see in this forum that many people are having an issue, so just fix the bloody problem already so we can get our work and also process payroll which is what employees need to live on............
    edited May 2017
    also there is not clear page on your website with a contact number to call and lodge a complaint, which clearly shows that you dont want the phone calls, so get on with the job and fix this asap so i can process payroll and pay my employees as a responsible employer should do.
    edited May 2017
    I've already stated that the team are looking into this as we speak Vince. Getting as many reports with specific details makes pinpointing the cause of the issue a hell of a lot easier, and this is what our Dev team are asking for. 

I fully understand that you're frustrated and I sincerely apologise. We're working hard on putting this right and is our top priority at the moment.
    edited May 2017
    Hi folks,

This continues to be a priority for us and I hope to have further news to share with you soon. 

Unfortunately, I don't have an ETA as yet however will advise that also as soon as it becomes clear.

Sincere apologies again for all the hassle and inconvenience caused so far.
    edited May 2017
    Hi everyone,

Our dev team have restarted two file servers and conducted internal testing. The issue should now be resolved.

If you encounter any further black screen issues, please end all active remote sessions from within the Hosted control panel, logoutand then retry.

Let us know if the issue persists if it proves unsuccessful.

Thank you all for your patience and our apologies again for the inconvenience caused.

Rav
  • Peter BrownPeter Brown Member Posts: 19
    edited May 2017
    im not  black screen using chrome  and firefox  very b annoying  please fix
  • Lesley XerriLesley Xerri Member Posts: 48
    edited July 2017
    Black screen of death using Chrome and Firefox - done all the things that usually solve the problem - no joy
    edited May 2017
    Hi guys,

We're starting to get some reports coming through again of this problem. We're looking into it again right now.

I'll keep you all posted.
    edited May 2017
    Totally understand RL and I sincerely apologise. 

The team have increased the number of session hosts which should be taking effect within the next 20 minutes or so which should see a gradual elimination of this problem.
This discussion has been closed.