Upgrade to New Version - Instructions don't match the process?

NikitaNikita Member Posts: 36
edited July 15 in Accounts Hosted
Upgrade to New Version - Instructions don't match the process?

I have problems with this every year!

I have accessed the instructions to upgrade to the new 2017/2018 Tax Tables however the instructions don't actually match the process I am seeing in Reckon.

Is there a way to now check which version I am using?

I have historically upgraded and continued working for the afternoon then found the next day when I have logged in that I am back to an old file.

Can we get clear instructions that flow from step 1 to step 2 without all the contingencies?  ie. I can't follow from about Page 10 because I was NOT prompted to update the file to the new version when I logged in to 2017/R2.

Comments

• John GraetzJohn Graetz Member Posts: 1,652 ✭✭
    edited July 15
    Hi Nikita.  Are you logging in as the Administrator at step 7?
    Are you getting the screen as depicted in step 8?
    John L G
  • NikitaNikita Member Posts: 36
    edited June 2017
    I eventually DID get the screen in step 8 but not automatically.

I had to select a back up file to restore before it would commence the update.

The instructions don't specify this and I always get stuck boomeranged back to a previous version on the subsequent day of logging in after following these 'instructions'.

Anyone else "Upgrade" and then find their file reverts to an old one?
  • John GraetzJohn Graetz Member Posts: 1,652 ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Nikita.  I just went through the whole process.  It did not open up my company automatically (this also happens with the desktop version) and I had to select the one from the list which I knew from experience was the correct one and it then proceeded to do the update.  The rest of the process went like clockwork.
    John L G
  • Donna PinnellDonna Pinnell Member Posts: 41
    edited June 2017
    I also had trouble with it until I used the File Exit option (not the big red X like I usually do). It doesn't open to the correct update screen until you do.  All good after that though.  I upgraded all 5 company files without problem.