Are you an STP app user? Check out our IMPORTANT announcement CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO.

Terminate employees screen defaults to year 1899 and will not move to next screen with current date

Sharon SalpighidisSharon Salpighidis Member Posts: 3
edited January 2018 in Payroll Premier
Terminate employees screen defaults to year 1899 and won't move to next screen

Comments

• John GJohn G Reckon Staff Posts: 2,283 ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Hello Sharon,

Welcome to the Reckon Community.

The date you refer to is the Date on the final screen?

Please check:
    • the date of the last pay run 
    • your computer has the correct date setting.

Then rebuild your data file (care: this may take a while)

Hope this helps.

regards,
  • Sharon SalpighidisSharon Salpighidis Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2018
    I'm afraid this didn't help. Whenever I try to overwrite the 1899 date with a more current date, either using the arrows or typing in the date, it will not let me move past the date field.
  • ShakirShakir Alumni Posts: 82
    edited January 2018
    Hi Sharon, thanks for reaching out to us.

Request you to call our technical support ( 1 300 137657) so that we can look into your database and troubleshoot for the resolution.

Regards
    Shakir
  • SharonSharon Member Posts: 2

Hi Sharon & Shakir,

I've had a similar problem with the 1899 date & non-responsive next button in Reckon Accounts Premier 2020 R2P and found that it was because in our PC Windows Settings \ Time & Language \ Region, the Regional format data short date format we were using was "dd-mmm-yy". If we changed this setting to match Reckon "dd/mm/yyyy" the Terminate employee calendar defaulted to the current date instead of 1899 and we were able to Terminate employees as normal.

A data rebuild & clean install were not required and we changed our Regional settings back once the Termination was processed.

Regards,

Sharon