*RESOLVED* - Reckon Accounts Hosted - Login issues (12 September 2017)

Comments

• RavRav Administrator Posts: 10,933 Administrator
    edited September 2017
    Hi guys,

I can fully appreciate that this is frustrating and I know that our Hosted Dev team is doing everything they can to get things up back to normal as quickly and thoroughly as possible.

A number of Hosted services have been restarted however there are a couple of elements that are still operating slower than normal which is now causing the black screen issues which some of you may be encountering when attempting to login. I appreciate that this isn't the ideal user experience however if you are experiencing a black screen, leave it on screen for 10-15 minutes uninterrupted and your login may proceed. Its not something I can guarantee but its an option worth looking at while we're getting things right on our end.

Again, I'd just like to extend my sincere apologies for the frustration this is causing. We're hearing all your feedback and comments and we're working very hard on putting things right.
  • XenonOzHID .XenonOzHID . Member Posts: 7
    edited September 2017
    Mirrored disc & servers?  What's the nature of the problem?  This isn't the first time AWS have let you guys down.  If you want better hosting, let me know and I'll point you to someone who really knows about up time.
  • Trish StephenTrish Stephen Member Posts: 10
    edited September 2017
    Hi Rav.  My company name is MI Associates but the Reckon company that opens for me when I Launch Accounts 2017R2 is Transcend Solutions Pte Ltd!!  And it didn't require the 2nd password it normally does!!
  • sheelagh ellemsheelagh ellem Member Posts: 6
    edited September 2017
    I have been otherwise engaged today and have tried now for the last 30minutes to login - different browsers, etc but no joy
    Any timeframe available?
    edited September 2017
    I hope the data is all secure, however this comment above makes me doubt it!  Reckon - Can you pls issue a statement on this topic, as I'm sure I'm not the only client with this concern.
  • Richard B CroslandRichard B Crosland Member Posts: 13
    edited September 2017
    I left the black screen for 13 minutes and I just logged in!!!!!!!!!!
  • Richard B CroslandRichard B Crosland Member Posts: 13
    edited September 2017
    It worked, thanks

• DeanneDeanne Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2017
    Hi Rav.  I still have a black screen !!!!image
    edited September 2017
    Hi Trish,

Can you confirm this is not a file in your drive.

Although rare, there are times where after an outage, Hosted will not open your last company file and instead you may have inadvertently opened an older file from your Q drive rather than the up to date copy of the file from the Shared Folder etc.
    Let me know when you can.

XenonOzHID - all data is secure and there is no data loss from this issue and outage period.
    edited September 2017
    Good.  Thanks for the advice.
  • Julie LoatsJulie Loats Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2017
    still not working

• Rosemary HarrisonRosemary Harrison Member Posts: 16
    edited September 2017
    Been trying to log in for 20 minutes.  Logged in but cannot launch the datafile

• Rosemary HarrisonRosemary Harrison Member Posts: 16
    edited September 2017
    logged out on session but still black screen

• Chris MilChris Mil Member Posts: 17
    edited September 2017
    Lights are off and nobody is home with my black screen. 
    edited September 2017
    The below is an excerpt from my latest update post on page 2 of this thread and is for those who are experiencing black screens.
    I appreciate that this isn't the ideal user experience however if you are experiencing a black screen, leave it on screen for 10-15 minutes uninterrupted and your login may proceed. Its not something I can guarantee but its an option worth looking at while we're getting things right on our end.
    I know its not great but give it a try and see how you go.
    edited September 2017
    Sorry to hear that Chris, did you try the above step of leaving it up uninterrupted for a while?
  • NikitaNikita Member Posts: 36
    edited September 2017
    It IS evenutally logging but still very unstable - continually dropping out right in front of my eyes!
  • Sue MillerSue Miller Member Posts: 37
    edited September 2017
    Down again - this is getting to be a regular occurrence. Very frustrating
  • WendyWendy Member Posts: 43
    edited September 2017
    I can log in but it is sooooo slow it's unuseable
    edited September 2017
    Everything working fine at our end.
  • Chris MilChris Mil Member Posts: 17
    edited September 2017
    Working now. Thanks.
  • NatalieNatalie Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2017
    How about the dropping out in the first place - is this being fixed?
    Have been trying to run a payroll of 130 staff
    First time got to "J" dropped out nothing saved
    Second time got to "M" dropped out nothing saved 
    We have now missed the banking cut off.
    Please provide in depth update of the situation as so much time has been lost

• Annette HarrisAnnette Harris Member Posts: 27
    edited September 2017
    I am going to down load the company files and put to the desk top version until they fix this issue once I can get in.  I feel very sorry for you.  Thought I had it bad.  

• Trish StephenTrish Stephen Member Posts: 10
    edited September 2017
    Hi Rav,

This is a Singapore company I am opening - I can tell that because of the "Pte Ltd" after it's name.  We are an Australian company and have nothing to do with Transcend Solutions whoever they are.  An older file from my Q drive would not have this company as we don't have anything to do with that company.  I am opening some other company's financial information which is not good!!!
  • Ern AErn A Member Posts: 5
    edited September 2017
    That is scary.
    edited September 2017
    Hi guys, In order to completely address the performance issues that some of you are still experiencing in regard to Hosted services, we will be performing maintenance on the affected file servers tonight from 10:00pm (AEST). During this time, some users will be unable to use Hosted services. We're aiming to keep this short and have it wrapped up in approximately an hour timeframe. Apologies for the late notice and for all the hassle caused this afternoon.
  • WendyWendy Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2017
    I can not login. I do not have time to just leave the screen uninterupted to login, all I want to do is send an invoice before I go to work. Why is this issue still not fixed 19+ hours after the first post. Annoyed!

• Viv AViv A Member Posts: 106
    edited September 2017
    The desktop version is not an option for us Mac Users unless we decided to install a virtual machine - which has not been approved by our Powers that Be....

• Viv AViv A Member Posts: 106
    edited September 2017
    Rav, I have just spent the last 40 minutes getting ONE invoice and delivery docket done. Can you please tell me if a Rebuild will help the clunky speed issue? I was able to get in yesterday, however, it took me 1 1/2 hours to prepare 5 invoices and delivery dockets. I am not even attempting anything like Reconcilliations etc until this is resolved. BUT I do need to do Payroll tomorrow....

Obviously, I don't want to bother with this time consuming (at the best of times) process if it won't have any positive effect on the speed of the system.

Look forward to your advice.

P.S. I tried to Verify the Data... but it failed after 15 minutes.
  • Annette HarrisAnnette Harris Member Posts: 27
    edited September 2017
    Hi Vivien,  I am going down load the desk top version and process until this issue is resolved.  I like you don't have time to waste. Good luck Annette

This discussion has been closed.