Price level set amount

Susan_9318104
Susan_9318104 Member Posts: 2
I would like to set a price level for a specific amount, not a % value. For example, $50 on top of cost price. Can anyone help? I have Reckon Premier contractor 2017

Comments

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Susan - Price levels can be based on a percentage or a per item basis... just select per item - then scroll down to the various items you want to adjust and put in the actual price you want to charge when this price level is used. 
  • Luke
    Luke Moderator, Reckon Staff Posts: 221 Moderator Moderator
    edited August 2018
    Hi Susan,

Thank you for your query and welcome to the Reckon Community.

You can setup a price level per item opposed to a fixed percentage. This means you would need to manually type in a custom amount for each item.

See below how to do this.

1. Go to Lists > Price Level List
    2. Click 'Price Level' (bottom left-hand corner) > New
    3. Price Level Name > enter a name
    4. Price Level Type > select 'Per Item'
    5. Type in a Custom Price for each relevant item > click OK

I hope this helps.

Luke.
  • Susan_9318104
    Susan_9318104 Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2017
    So from both your comments, I need to adjust each item individually? And I would have the manually add the desired amount to each? If my cost changes, it wouldn’t automatically change my price level? Eg: something costs me $200, I want to charge an extra $50, I enter $250. But if my buying price goes up to $210, then I would need to manually change it to $260? Have I understood that correctly?
  • Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Yes, that sounds like what you would need it to do... but not sure I understand your logic - if you sell something for $250 that costs you $200 - thats a 25% markup - so it would make sense that if your cost price increases to $210 - then you should be charging $262.50?  if you were to do it like this (which is still a per item pricing, but you can set the percentage based on cost price and then apply it automatically rather than manually) - then you could be sure to keep your margins consistent and it would be easier to manage?